Anybody watching the Indy race tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
New chassis, new engines, new manufacturers. I must say, although the cars look quite strange, I kind of like them. And the sound of the engines almost reminds me of a tamer version of the Formula 1 V12's from the 1970's.

I haven't really watched IndyCar since the early 90's leading up to the reign of the Ganassi team in CART. The split with the IRL killed all interest in it for me.

I watched most of today's race simply because I'm a Rubens Barrichello and F1 fan. The new cars look good, and it's certainly nice to see Chevy back in it, but overall I thought it was pretty boring. I don't mind spec tires at all, but a series with a spec chassis does nothing for me. I guess modern IndyCar racing just isn't technically interesting to me now.

Unfortunately, it looks like exactly what it's supposed to be: 'cost effective' racing. But I guess that's the reality of modern-day racing. Shame.

Although next year the new spec Dallara chassis will still be used, different looking/performing aero packages will be introduced. That should make things a little more interesting. Compared to the outgoing cars that had the same EVERYTHING, even this season is a welcome change.

Did anyone else notice that the coverage ended early. They showed Helio jumping on the fence and when he got back in the car to fire it up they went straight to an infomercial.

Originally Posted By: Klutch9
Although next year the new spec Dallara chassis will still be used, different looking/performing aero packages will be introduced. That should make things a little more interesting. Compared to the outgoing cars that had the same EVERYTHING, even this season is a welcome change.

Agreed.

It IS a little more interesting now that it is not a 100% spec series.

The new bodywork/chassis is funky, but the partially enclosed rear wheels has to be safer as it is harder to 'roll over' onto/into them (causing the cars to become airborne as in the past in this series, and all other open wheel formulae).

The Indycar race from Barber (Birmingham, AL) was great! Lots of passing and gritty driving.

Not to often you see three wide in a corner on a road course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back