Anybody else get a brake booster recall letter from Ford?

My daughter's Ford Edge had to have the brake booster replaced in 2021, to the tune of >$600. I recently got a recall letter from Ford stating that I could be reimbursed if I previously had the repair performed. The letter stated to take the repair receipt to my local Ford dealer, which I did this morning. They made copies of all my paperwork from the repair, got my contact info, opened a ticket, and said they were submitting everything to "the lady who handles warranties and recalls". I'm hoping Ford makes good on their claim that I will be reimbursed for this repair. I was hoping they would reimburse me on the spot but no dice. So now it's a waiting game.

I also included repair receipts for an ABS module replacement that had to be done a few months after the brake booster repair, and for a door latch replacement in 2023, in hopes that there may be some form of relief offered, but I'm not holding my breath for either issue. The ABS module repair was over $1k and the door latch repair was over $400, all done by my trusted local shop who has done great work for me over the years.

Have any of you Ford owners gotten this brake booster recall letter, and if so did Ford reimburse you, or stiff you?

Yeah, her Edge would be ineligible due to age now. I'm hoping for reimbursement based on the language of the letter which says I am eligible for reimbursement if I had previously paid to have the repair performed prior to receiving the letter.

Yup, we have done it a bunch of times for people. If all the ducks line up Ford will send a check either to the dealer or to you directly. Nothing moves fast with the mothership.

More than once when I have had shops call for these and I casually ask the mileage since I know there is the coverage thing. The good ones when I say that there is a good chance it will be covered will have their customer call service to verify. The not good ones will say "not my problem" and charge the customer to repair it. I do it with the recalls I know about off the top of my head, contrary to what a lot of people think, they are not all stored up in my brain.

Just to avoid any confusion, all of the repair work on the Edge was done by my local independent shop. The only reason I went to the Ford dealer today was because the letter I received from FoMoCo said to take my brake booster repair receipt to my local Ford dealer, and specifically to NOT send receipts to FoMoCo.

My daughter's Ford Edge had to have the brake booster replaced in 2021, to the tune of >$600. I recently got a recall letter from Ford stating that I could be reimbursed if I previously had the repair performed. The letter stated to take the repair receipt to my local Ford dealer, which I did this morning. They made copies of all my paperwork from the repair, got my contact info, opened a ticket, and said they were submitting everything to "the lady who handles warranties and recalls". I'm hoping Ford makes good on their claim that I will be reimbursed for this repair. I was hoping they would reimburse me on the spot but no dice. So now it's a waiting game.

I also included repair receipts for an ABS module replacement that had to be done a few months after the brake booster repair, and for a door latch replacement in 2023, in hopes that there may be some form of relief offered, but I'm not holding my breath for either issue. The ABS module repair was over $1k and the door latch repair was over $400, all done by my trusted local shop who has done great work for me over the years.

Have any of you Ford owners gotten this brake booster recall letter, and if so did Ford reimburse you, or stiff you?
F ix Or R eplace D aily

I got a refund today from Ford for the full amount of the brake booster repairs. Work was performed by my indie guy a couple of years ago. I wish they would have covered the ABS module and door latch repairs but I'll take what I can get. $600 and change.

Last edited:
Back