anybody else changing theirs today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am currently changing my oil today in my 96 ford ranger with the 2.3 lima engine. Its an all Iron block and head engine. I was using mobil 1 10W30 (which was changed by a mobil station) to motorcraft 5W20. It just seems to me whever I see a UOA done with mobil 1 it tends to have a high iron count and the motorcraft seems to be doing a great job. I was going to try the GC 0w30 if the store I would have gone to to buy my supplies would have had but they didnt. so I tried the motorcraft oil and filter. I live in central florida and drive my truck hard sometimes but it usually sees flowing traffic and 15 to 20 minute drives with some short trips in there. Anybody think I made a bad decision? it wasnt about money but it was about trying to get better protection and with this oil I wont go longer than a 5K change. Truck has 153K miles and no sing of using any oil except the mobil 1 which It seems to happen a lot with that oil. I have used amsoil 0w30 and went for a 13K mile change and did not lose a drop of oil. Sorry for the long post Im just bored and waiting for the oil to finish draining. Thanks for any responses

I've got 327 miles to go before I change mine (10K oci)... I'm getting a little antsy
smile.gif

lol why wait? enjoy yourself well I enjoy changing mine anyway I had just let mobil station do it cause i was pretty busy at the time.

I changed my oil yesterday on my 93 Toyota Pickup. I started the rinse phase of Auto RX with 10W30 supertech and a supertech ecore filter.

I also changed out the Front and Rear Diffs, Transmission and Transfer case with 75W-90 Amsoil Long Life Gear Lube. The shifting is nice and smooth in the tranny now!

Not today but ill be doing my first change when springs hits along with a futomo oil drain valve so i dont have to drop the skid when i change the oil.

Nope. Did three of them last week. Not gonna have to worry about this again for at least four months. Hopefully.

quote:

with a futomo oil drain valve so i dont have to drop the skid when i change the oil.

you have to drop the skid plate to get the plug out? i never remember having to do this on the 3.4 tacomas that i did at jiffy lube.

Did the wife's '03 Taurus Wednesday night. Her car never seems to sit still so I have to grab it when I can. 6K mile OCI's with M1 5W-30.

I did a 14 hour oil change on my 2003 GMC Sierra Duramax. Came home just before twilight Friday afternoon and removed the spin on filter and opened the fumoto valve. Next morning, closed the valve, put on a new filter, and added 10 quarts of Mobil 1 T&SUV.

I have 5900 miles now on the Chevron 5W30 and FRAM PH3614 filter on the Saturn...2qts make-up oil so far and 9 mos of service w/mostly 1-3 mi trips...anyone want to change it for me? :tongue:

After checking mine on Friday, I'm itching to change it. I'm running M1 0w40 in a '00 VW GTI 1.8T. When I checked the oil on the dipstick, it looked completely BLACK. This is with 5500 miles on the oil, that has only been in since October. I'll probably run it to 6k & have it analyzed.

is that normal for that car to turn the oil black after that many miles? I used to have a mercedes 240 diesel and the oil would be black after 1 mile of driving after an oil change actually you wouldnt even have to drive it was already black by the time i just checked the level.

I don't recall it being that black on previous 5-7k mile OCI's, but I've driven the snot out of the car during this OCI. The UOA should be interesting.

Changed my C230's blood this morning at 3500 miles/4 months, after a pointless 10-mile drive here and there. Well, not completely pointless; it did warm up the oil, and it was fun.

The Topsider pump took a little longer than usual to suck out the old oil. I think I forgot to put on one of its little rubber gaskets, and so I may not have gotten full vacuum. But I used the time to top off fluids and oil some hinges, then poured in the new golden stuff (10W-30 TropArtic semi-syn. Gotta love Dollar Tree, huh?).

Ran it, checked for leaks, topped off, then cleaned up and brought the old black stuff to Autozone. They just wave me toward the oil drum in the back.

Ah, that sense of accomplishment . . .

-- Paul W.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back