Where are you finding Mobil 1 0W30?

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by Islandvic:
Where in central tx terminal degree?

I sometimes visit S.A. or Austin.

I may be interested, unless Bryan drives up and gets it and drives back before his wife wakes up!

You can have dibs;) I won't be in Central tecas for at least 5 weeks.

I'm in San Marcos, right off I-35. Don't be in a huge hurry to get it, as I want to UOA my Havoline Synthetic I'm running in the 'bird first before getting rid of the M1 0-30. It will be a little while, as I don't drive that car too much.

BTW, I paid $2.75 a quart in the early stages of the AZ clearance for it.

I checked-in K-Mart and the 0w-30 is on "clearance" for $4.59/q. lol, good oil but I think I'll wait them out a bit. $1.99/q? Ding.

terminla, let us know when you get the UOA's back and decide if you want the 0-30M1 still.

I travel through the SA/SM/NB/A-town area at least once every two months.

Well, I found the 0W30 SL Mobil 1 at K-Mart for a "clearance price" of $4.76, regularly $5.29 per qt. Way too high on either price, but nonetheless, I bought 10 quarts to get me through the next three oil changes. The K-Mart crew said they did not believe they would continue stocking the 0W30 after it sold out, even though Mobil is still producing it as an SM oil.

My plan is to use 2 quarts of GC 05 and thin it out just a bit with 2.3 quarts of the Mobil 1 0W30. Buster swears Nissan V6s love a thick 30 weight oil, but for some reason, no one told my engine that while it was being assembled, hence it likes the 10.0 to 11.0 csts.

dkryan, your doing just the opposite of me, I am going to add 1 qt of Mobil 1 15w-50 to my 3 qts Mobil 1 0w-30 to thicken it up some.
Only reason I even got the 0w-30 was it was on clearance @ AZ (also got a couple of 0w-20's that I later traded for the 15w-50 @ Target).

Heck, if anyone really wants the 0w-30, I would be willing to sell it if ya want it (terminaldegree, Islandvic, Bryanccfshr
wink.gif
).

"if anyone really wants the 0w-30"

Shipping would be about a buck each or I'd be all over it. Great oil for VW 1.8t.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back