Any value in a used not good OEM water pump?

I recently replaced an original AcDelco waterpump on my 08 Trailblazer because of bearing noise. Is there any Ebay value in it before I throw it away?

Absolutely not..

My grandfather would probably have done the same thing.. He gave me a bundle of pencils as a high school graduation gift, he'd been been hoarding them for more than 50 years! Literally had some pencils he hoarded from WWII in England! 😂

Miss that cheap bastard.

I recently replaced an original AcDelco waterpump on my 08 Trailblazer because of bearing noise. Is there any Ebay value in it before I throw it away?

Ask yourself this. If you replaced it because of bearing noise, why would anyone else want it for that? As mentioned it's good for scrap by the pound.... Nothing as a worn out water pump.

Yup, scrap it for pennies on the pound. Selling your problems on e-bay is precisely why I personally never, ever even look sideways at e-bay.

If you separate the metals. you get more! (ha-ha).

I've a friend who's held onto every part he's ever removed from any vehicle. He has a real "1830's -the stagecoach doesn't return 'til Spring" kinda attitude. "Stop being a BOZO and chuck your garbage", is something I've said to him more than once.

In fact, while reman alternators/starters/oil pumps/ps pumps and other items are available, I don't think water pumps are rebuilt. I'm not sure.

My grandfather would probably have done the same thing.. He gave me a bundle of pencils as a high school graduation gift, he'd been been hoarding them for more than 50 years! Literally had some pencils he hoarded from WWII in England! 😂
I think it's a generational thing. My grandma saved all sorts of broken or worn-out junk and was constantly trying to find new homes for it, usually the local Goodwill store or church fundraising raffle. "Somebody could fix this up and USE IT!!"

I believe you can use them as a core for when you buy a new one. Other than that they weigh so little they're worthless and not worth the drive to the scrap yard.

Last edited:
yup, my Grandpa grew up during the depression and had a difficult time parting with anything. My mom also got the gene and so did I.
My father in law who grew up during the depression hoarded everything.
His back yard and side yard(corner lot) got so bad that the city told him to clean it up.

yup, my Grandpa grew up during the depression and had a difficult time parting with anything. My mom also got the gene and so did I.
Yes exactly why my fathers parents were hoarders, grew up during the depression. Both of their families were so dirt poor, dirt dirt poor, they were forced to live in a tent in the towns park, year round through winter too. Always getting evicted and struggling for food and clothing. :(

Oddly enough the pencil hoarders wife was sometimes worse than him. She would reuse paper towels more than once, hanging them up to dry. She had a process where she would rinse the towels to remove the crap on them. Being older I can empathize for why she did that.
Another example of the habits they had was drying out TV dinner trays, and reuse them for dinners. I remember being sent home once with a shopping bag full of the trays. She thought we needed them and in her mind it was a very generous gift because we were so poor, which we actually were.
I miss the hell out of them. Some of the habits they had I find comical now, and of course I miss them. My grandfather would obsessively check payphones for quarters, if he saw a pay phone while driving, he would pull over to it and check for quarters!

Back