Any Page Plus Cellular Users

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking of switching to Page Plus next month after my Verizon contract ends.
I barely use any minutes, maybe 60 at the most. I mainly text most people, I don't like talking on the phone.
I can get unlimited texting for $19.99 and then a 400 minute card for $25 that last 3 months. Making my monthly bill go from about $73 to about $28!

Just wondering if any of you have it and what are your impressions/experiences?

I just recently switch to walmart, family mobil ( same as T mobile ). unlimited text talk, I can use my Iphone 3gs with it. I just switch over today and it work perfect on my iphone ( must be unlock )

after next month, I will switch over to talk plus ( I think it use AT&T tower ) , walmart have them too, with 45 dollar, unlimited text, talk, web, great with Iphone,

none these above need contract. I was using simple mobile before ( T mobile ). 40 dollar unlimited talk/text. but with Iphone I text/talk/and web alot.

Originally Posted By: CamaroT56
I just recently switch to walmart, family mobil ( same as T mobile ). unlimited text talk, I can use my Iphone 3gs with it. I just switch over today and it work perfect on my iphone ( must be unlock )

after next month, I will switch over to talk plus ( I think it use AT&T tower ) , walmart have them too, with 45 dollar, unlimited text, talk, web, great with Iphone,

none these above need contract. I was using simple mobile before ( T mobile ). 40 dollar unlimited talk/text. but with Iphone I text/talk/and web alot.

Nice, I have to get something with Verizon towers though. They are the only ones with coverage in my area, everything else is just horrible.

I use Page Plus and love it. Excellent coverage over the Verizon network. I buy the $25 cards that are good for 4 months, not the usual 3 months of other companies.

I only use my cell phone for "important" communication and avoid casual chit chat. I spend about $100/year.

I rarely text, so I cannot tell you anything about that.

The bad part of Page Plus is their limited phone availability. You used to be able to put any Verizon phone on their network, but they put an end to that a year ago.

I'm on page plus. It's been great so far. I go through an online dealer so everything is automated. I even get a discount on my $25 cards so it's only $23 for me. My wife is on the 1200 min/2000 text plan which includes 100mb data too. She never comes close to that many texts though.

Overall we're very happy with the verizon network coverage (I knew that ahead of time) and page plus service. The only annoying thing is that everytime I make a call it tells you your balance which takes about 5-10 seconds of airtime

Originally Posted By: doitmyself
I use Page Plus and love it. Excellent coverage over the Verizon network. I buy the $25 cards that are good for 4 months, not the usual 3 months of other companies.

I only use my cell phone for "important" communication and avoid casual chit chat. I spend about $100/year.

I rarely text, so I cannot tell you anything about that.

The bad part of Page Plus is their limited phone availability. You used to be able to put any Verizon phone on their network, but they put an end to that a year ago.

Yeah I just seen I accidentally said 3 months instead of 4 months. I have been in contact with some people on the Howard Forums, under the Page Plus Cellular, and I will be able to port my Droid X over that I just got on eBay. According to everyone on the forum and customer service from Page Plus I can port the Droid over. Guess it is just Blackberrys and Verizon PrePaid that can't be ported over.

Originally Posted By: DrinkDuff77
I'm on page plus. It's been great so far. I go through an online dealer so everything is automated. I even get a discount on my $25 cards so it's only $23 for me. My wife is on the 1200 min/2000 text plan which includes 100mb data too. She never comes close to that many texts though.

Overall we're very happy with the verizon network coverage (I knew that ahead of time) and page plus service. The only annoying thing is that everytime I make a call it tells you your balance which takes about 5-10 seconds of airtime

I read some where on the Howard Forums you can turn that message off that tells you your balance every time. Just do a google search and you can probably find it.

Thanks for the replies. I was thinking of doing it all through their site. There are no dealers close to me. And I like doing every thing online. lol
Glad to hear service is good. I figured it would be, since it runs on Verizon towers but I like to do a lot of research before I do something.

Thanks again, any other experiences would be welcome.
smile.gif

I had excellent customer service using a Page Plus online dealer called Kitty Wireless. They can tell you if your phone will work (with ESN #) BEFORE you attempt to move it over.

Originally Posted By: doitmyself
I had excellent customer service using a Page Plus online dealer called Kitty Wireless. They can tell you if your phone will work (with ESN #) BEFORE you attempt to move it over.

Thanks! I think I am going to give that ESN check a try, even though it is $5.

I also think I'll go with that $80 plan that lasts a year. It would give me about 166 minutes a month which is more than plenty for me.

Thanks for telling me about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back