Any nonrepeat Hybrid Buyers?

I’ve driven my 4xe over 730 miles since my last fill up on April 22 and I’ve only used 1/4 of a tank of fuel.

Hyundai doesn't sell any pickup trucks. That Santa Cruz thing is not really a truck, no matter what Hyundai says.
Who says a truck has to be 7K lbs and 56" longer than a compact TRUCK that hauls 1500 lbs. Go check the payload of a gussied up F-150, it might be under a 1000 lbs.

I made the same calculation you did and decided not to buy my first hybrid..... And then there are reports plug in hybrid batteries are failing early, but usually after their battery tech is outdated and mega expensive to replace.

They also tend to come with more expensive finishes, for example a full set of Hyundai Kona Led front lights costs 14k euro.... I'll take halogen, thanks....
If they just stuck with hid there wouldn't be an issue. Halogens had their day 25 years ago. The Philips and osrams were about at the best output you could get of 1200 lumens and projector housings helped. Hids are 3200-3600 lumens and have very high cri if you don't put in the crazy high Kelvin temperature bulbs.

Reserved the non-hybrid model, specifically, a Premium FWD. Worked out a price of 12% off MSRP. Car should be arriving in the next few weeks.
Wow they had a fwd version on the lot? I don't think any Lexus dealership in Colorado will take delivery of a fwd version. And 12% off hard to beat.

I traded in my Camry Hybrid and bought a ES350 with a V6. I didn't think the plastic body was made to last. No issues with engine, battery, or tranny, although once I put new tires on it that were apparently heavier, I lost 10 mpg, so I'd say they're pretty sensitive to tire changes, just as they are to wind speed and direction of vehicle in the wind (or wind on the vehicle)...

I sold my 2017 Volt at a profit of $4,000 during peak used car craziness and purchased a full electric Bolt instead. So technically not a repeat hybrid buyer, but probably not in the direction that OP intended.

I decided to go out for a test drive today.

I drove two RX's - a RX350 Premium Plus and a RX350h Premium Plus.

As I mentioned in the other thread, I can definitely see why the hybrid is the preferred powertrain. Both powertrains are pretty slow by 2024 standards (mid 7 sec 0-60 time), so you may as well choose the one that is quieter and smoother. Even with the usual CVT drone, the hybrid powertrain is a lot quieter than the turbocharged 4 in the RX350.

For the record, the RX350's turbocharged motor performed very well with no turbo lag. The 8AT programming was reasonable. I have no complaints, but it feels like every other turbocharged 4 on the market today; nothing special.

This generation of RX is definitely sportier. It is still quiet and rides well, but it definitely doesn't have the cushy feel of the last two gens. Depending on the buyer, this can be a bad thing. Both of the vehicles I drove had the 21" wheels.

Lastly, I think the gap between Toyota and Lexus products continues to close. CUV's are easily costing over $40K nowadays, and regardless of brand, buyers spending this amount of money demand quality interiors, good NVH characteristics and technology features. At one point, one could argue that buying a Lexus meant significant upgrades over the comparable Toyota product. Nowadays, I am not so sure....the differences are minor at best.

Back