any new wax/sealant better than Collinite 845

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an old can of One Grand Blitz wax. Used it this past week to seal a 20 year old car. I used Mother's clay, 3M Imperial Hand Glaze, then Blitz. It was very easy to wipe off after it dried.

Last edited:
Jescar PowerLock sealant will last longer than 845, will resist dust more, and has about the same gloss. It has been around for a while but they've kept refining the formula; it would be my final choice before stepping up to a ceramic coating. Just make sure you remove all the residual wax with an IPA wipe before you apply so you get a complete bond with the surface.

[Linked Image from sep.yimg.com]

Infinity's Diablo looks like a good choice for harsh winters.

Ideal for:
Winter Wax
Motorcycle tanks and fairings
Track cars
Taxis and high use vehicles
Concourse cars and vehicles in storage
General use for long term results

Diablo is a technical blend of synthetic material including Teflon (PTFE) more commonly seen on non stick cookware and now synthesised into this incredible wax. The blend also features Carnauba wax, Montan wax and several other supporting waxes to provide the level of gloss and wet look infinity customers have come to expect.

Diablo has been designed with the harshest of environments in mind, making this an ideal winter wax of for customers who frequently use their carts in extremes like off roading and track days.

Originally Posted by gofast182
Jescar PowerLock sealant will last longer than 845, will resist dust more, and has about the same gloss. It has been around for a while but they've kept refining the formula; it would be my final choice before stepping up to a ceramic coating. Just make sure you remove all the residual wax with an IPA wipe before you apply so you get a complete bond with the surface.

[Linked Image from sep.yimg.com]

This used to be my go to sealant. Until I had found Turtle Wax Seal N Shine. It definitely resist dirt better and great beading. I am planning to use it this Winter. Let's see how well it will hold up.

Originally Posted by donnyj08
Originally Posted by 007
Finish Kare FK1000, pure synthetic and last a longgggggg time especially on vehicles stored outside.

+1

I love FK1000 It seems to last a couple years for me. I generally top it periodically with Finish Care 425 Detailer.

I tried the Colonite stuff and it did look good but unfortunately it did not last long for me on a vehicle stored outside 24/7 in Central Florida. A friend told me about the FK1000 and the story about how it was made by the OTHER Meguiar's brother. As long as you apply it as directed and not heavy its easy on and off and last! I get twice as much longevity when compared to Meguiars Ultimate Paste which is also fully synthetic and looks good as well but only for a short period. As with any product results vary by region and application. One myth that I did learn is that multiple coats add NO additional protection. Good idea only if you miss spots which I do not. This was confirmed by emails sent to the product makers not by statements made on the web!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back