Collinite 845 Consistency

harbor

Site Donor 2024
Detail stash was running low so thought I’d try Collinite 845 based on good reviews from this and other forums.
Ordered some from Amazon and was surprised at the waxy, almost toothpaste-like consistency. I was expecting more of a liquid. It applied fine and bottle language does state “Product’s consistently may vary”. Wondering if I got an old, expired bottle or this is just how the wax is.
Any thoughts?

Will do both.
Thanks for the prompt responses gents.

I use a small tiny pail that I have, but cutting off the top of a juice jug or whatever will work too. Just fill it with hot water and wait a few minutes (or longer if needed?) then, as someone else said, shake the you know what out of it. You want it to be the consistency of milk before using it. Also, as you may have noticed, it will gather/harden/gel a bit just inside the lip where the lid goes. Just push that back in with a toothpick or something similar and shake again. It will mix right up with the warmer stuff inside. Remember, a tiny tiny bit goes a long ways. Just spread it on in straight lines (no need to rub/swirl it in) then wipe off when it gets hazy. It's the only wax I've used for years now and I use it on all my toys and vehicles.

I just let mine sit in the sun while I get the rest of my stuff ready and then like other poster said, shake it like crazy then it’s almost the consistency of milk.

Very durable for me. Is all I use

Turned out well. Appreciate the collective input.

1693664143751.jpeg

Back