Any low cal high mag high zinc 5w40's out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Imp4
Originally Posted By: Linctex
Not any more.

There is very little difference between European gasoline and US gasoline now.

Data please!

Here let me google that for you ....
Quote:
the Tier 3 program considers the vehicle and its fuel as an integrated system to reduce the impacts of motor vehicles on air quality and public health. The program sets new vehicle emissions standards and lowers the sulfur content of gasoline to a maximum of 10ppm beginning in 2017

Ref:
https://www.epa.gov/gasoline-standards/gasoline-sulfur

But Linctex is correct, the fuel quality of Europe and North America are getting closer and closer.

I have to say that Europe is definitely ahead of the US in terms of gasoline quality. I think here in the US we need to go up in RON. With a minimum RON of say 95 and maximum of 100. This would displease a lot of people in my country because 87 gas is much cheaper. The one big problem is there are MANY old vehicles on the road that certainly don't need higher RON gasoline. The average age of the American vehicle is over 10 years old.... And a vast majority of those vehicles don't need that higher RON gasoline in order to run properly. So, bringing this to implementation would be very difficult and hard to do.

RON only is a foolish and counterproductive thing to do. (R+M)/2 is much better, because it addresses both stoplight racers _and_ heavily loaded engines (industrial, heavy towing, etc). One could still put minimums on the RON and MON components, though, which may help across the spectrum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back