Any HVAC guys out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Amkeer
Plan for replacement especially if its more than 10 years old. Goodman is entry level equipment. I sold many systems to people that had Goodman. Replace with Trane, Carrier or Lennox.

I replaced a 18 year old FirstCo unit with a base model Lennox Merit and am not too terribly impressed with it from a compressor noise standpoint, the compressor unit sits right outside my bedroom window and the startup noise would wake me up from a dead sleep for the first month or so until I adapted to it. It is nice and quiet once running. I had them add a hard start kit the first routine service which helped a little bit, next service going to ask about a compressor blanket. Have not read the best things about getting replacement parts for Lennox either, seems the supply chain is not as good as it should be.

Originally Posted by pezzy669
Originally Posted by Amkeer
Plan for replacement especially if its more than 10 years old. Goodman is entry level equipment. I sold many systems to people that had Goodman. Replace with Trane, Carrier or Lennox.

I replaced a 18 year old FirstCo unit with a base model Lennox Merit and am not too terribly impressed with it from a compressor noise standpoint, the compressor unit sits right outside my bedroom window and the startup noise would wake me up from a dead sleep for the first month or so until I adapted to it. It is nice and quiet once running. I had them add a hard start kit the first routine service which helped a little bit, next service going to ask about a compressor blanket. Have not read the best things about getting replacement parts for Lennox either, seems the supply chain is not as good as it should be.

My next door neighbor had a new outdoor unit installed a couple years ago. Rather than having it right next to the house, he had them install it along his back fence away from the house and plumb the wiring and other hoses underground to the house. Pretty smart idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back