Any filter brands still made in the USA?

As post says! Are any oil filters still made,in the continental usa?
Last night,I was looking up a.c. Delco gold filters.and googling,came across a lawsuits back in spring,filed by many,claiming they were made in china. Yet,had the made usa on box.that's a counterfeit off Amazon likely.
But, how many brands,are still USA made? I know napa golds are likely poland made now..
how about frams,purolators? Royal purple? Think Baldwin's are still use made.
Mahn and Hummel bought purolator,a German company. They still use made?

Last edited:
Many Fleetguard filters are still made in either Cookeville, Tennessee or Neilsville, Wisconsin. But the fact of the matter is that most major filter manufacturers have plants all over the world to leverage global supply chains and distribution channels.

Most Champion labs filters, supertech, acdelco, you name it. Good bit of carquest red/blue filters off the top of my heads.I have scariest on now,red one.approaching 3,000 miles since end of april. Last year used a blue.cut them open.Mickey made filters! But..95%@20 unfit red, 99%@30um for blue. But in my experience,they kept my oil cleaner longer,than any gram extradited or tough guard I ever used!

how about purolators? Frams?modernday,as in,today!? usa made?
Yes, most are except for the odd-ball models (seems mostly cartridge style filters) that may be made by someone else and branded as Purolator or Fram. Especially how all the oil filter companies have bought up and merged over the last 5 years.

If you are worried about it being US made and about efficiency, just go buy Fram Ultras and get it over with. 😄

As post says! Are any oil filters still made,in the continental usa?
Last night,I was looking up a.c. Delco gold filters.and googling,came across a lawsuits back in spring,filed by many,claiming they were made in china. Yet,had the made usa on box.that's a counterfeit off Amazon likely.
But, how many brands,are still USA made? I know napa golds are likely poland made now..
how about frams,purolators? Royal purple? Think Baldwin's are still use made.
Mahn and Hummel bought purolator,a German company. They still use made?

It is going to depend on the model of filter. Mann and Hummel owns Wix as well as Purolator. What you are seeing is consolidation in the filter and automotive business.

First Brands owns Fram and Champ.

In the case of the 10358-size cartridges for my Toyota, Fram's Ultra version is USA-made, their Tough Guard is Chinese, and the Extra Guard is alternately Chinese and US-made. End caps of the US-made Extra Guard look exactly like end caps of Walmart's Super Tech version, while end caps of the Chinese Extra Guard look like end caps of the Chinese Tough Guard (except color). Confusing, huh? They can change sources any time.

My corresponding Purolator L16311 cartridges were Fayetteville products.

Back