Another GR86 blown and warranty denied

100% agree but this has been an issue for years and years even on STI's. They must be running into some constraints that prevents them from fixing it.
It's simply them being cheap. It would be easy to baffle the oil pan, include another oil pickup and scavenging pump, or go dry sump. Most Subaru engines go into mainstream daily-driven cars without any real sporting intentions (Forester). They probably don't see a need to build them to handle any sort of G forces... but they really should provision them for something if they want to put them in the WRX and 86.

Pretty sad that the FA24 is even worse. Porsche before the 9A1 had some issues too, but at much higher forces.

It's simply them being cheap. It would be easy to baffle the oil pan, include another oil pickup and scavenging pump, or go dry sump. Most Subaru engines go into mainstream daily-driven cars without any real sporting intentions (Forester). They probably don't see a need to build them to handle any sort of G forces... but they really should provision them for something if they want to put them in the WRX and 86.

Pretty sad that the FA24 is even worse. Porsche before the 9A1 had some issues too, but at much higher forces.

Those are not any hard corners at all.
Too bad bcs. concept is really interesting.

I thought this car was a Toyota. Saw one yesterday and it had Subaru badges all over it??

Subaru in its history has tried different pan designs to combat this as stated by KillerB, so they know about the issues. The performance envelope has increased, and in these specific applications Subaru should be doing more than just to allow low oil pressure which I am sure they know about. Lazy engineering EJ had the same issues no reason it should have been carried through.

Subaru in its history has tried different pan designs to combat this as stated by KillerB, so they know about the issues. The performance envelope has increased, and in these specific applications Subaru should be doing more than just to allow low oil pressure which I am sure they know about. Lazy engineering EJ had the same issues no reason it should have been carried through.
I cannot not to think that someone said: "Whatever, people will buy it bcs. Toyota or Subaru."

Back