Another blown engine where does it stop!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is nothing wrong with the napa gold i like that filter its very well constructed but so is the ultra and the ultra also has a synthetic media which some claim filters and flows better.. I was under the impression that the Wix made Napa Gold does not have a 100% synthetic media. I am not really a fram lover except i like the ultra at this time. We used to be all purolater but that changed with all the tearing drama. I don't know which filter flows or filters better i always thought it was the napa but i have no real proof either way.

Originally Posted By: FutureDoc
Originally Posted By: goodtimes
Have any stories on the Fram Ultra disintegrating and destroying engines?
Use the Fram Ultra with stainless steel mesh behind one of the best engineered element materials in the business of oil filters.
I think that is what is sticking in the craw of both fram haters and wix loyalists. Just forget about all the others, use Fram Ultras.
Score one more free. Fram Ultra.
Fram Ultra.

As a WIX-loyalist (since two torn tearolators)...

Fram Ultra is (arguably) the best commonly available filter for a lot of applications.

My issue is that quality comes at a (higher) cost that my application can never take advantage of the filer. One vehicles is under warranty with non-10K intervals. The other two only get between 3-6K miles per year. So, what is wrong with a Napa Gold/Wix that can only be solved with an Ultra? On top of that, Fram only has a orange can that matches Subaru bypass spec. So only my recreational vehicle (MR2) can use the Ultra.

I also think Fram could word their advertising a bit better too
wink.gif

I am trying to get higher up in the free Fram Ultras for posting good things about them crew. Mr. Six, the President, is very stringent about the crew, not just anyone can sign up.
I change my filter every 5k miles regardless of type, and still use the best for the money. I don't use a cheap filter because it is 5K. I am not worried about $1-3 more per year. Nothing is wrong with Wix I know about. I joke about Wix loyalists because it seems when anyone asks what filter is best for my XYZm within 10 seconds there is a Wix part number and picture of a stock Wix posted.
Now that everyone on a board like this knows not to use Tearotators, I bet 99% come here to waste time or avoid chores. I raise my hand to that accusation. I have a few years of Denso and a few Ultras on top of that to use.

Man,you're easily influenced if you won't use an Ultra that you already paid for,based on a post on here.
Do your own research and you will see that Fram makes good filters.
There are a lot of good filter companies out there and some to stay away from.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: Shannow
So it's something that you witnessed, or have you cut and pasted "stuff off the internet" ?

He's on a mission to dig up as many Fram failures from every corner of the internet as possible. He still has about 68 more to go to tie just the Purolators reported here.
grin.gif

Ha. Awesome.

It's Hillarious to me when I read the fram bashing posts. It tells me exactly what era the poster is stuck in. Like pennzoil bashing posts. You quickly learn from what era the poster is getting their info from,and at which point they quit learning.

Originally Posted By: goodtimes

I am trying to get higher up in the free Fram Ultras for posting good things about them crew. Mr. Six, the President, is very stringent about the crew, not just anyone can sign up.

LoL ... send me some of yours. I still haven't gotten any! Guess I better stop saying "Ultra" until they pay up.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: jhellwig
I think mrs andman got sent to bed.

Looks like he really "mopped the floor" once again. Did you see the OT Troll thread about Mrsandman? LoL

What companies like even better than paid shills is people who talk positive (and why) about a good product just because they are good. That's what you call free advertising and good word of mouth marketing.

And it can go the other way too when a product is cheap, low quality or inferior quality. Good word of mouth helps, bad word of mouth hurts. Simple economics and the marketplace.

If someone equates seeing people talk good about a product here, then apparently there must be like 100 shills working this board. Riiiight ... LoL

Hey Dallas69.. I have a Fram Ultra on my lady's car right now and I have a Fram TG on my Altima as I write this. I have used many Fram Ultras and orange cans prior to the Ultra coming out. I don't need to do any research to know how fantastic the Fram Ultra is. I've got well over 120k plus miles worth of evidence using them
smile.gif

I will use a Purolator Synthetic oil filter because it is a fine product in its own right. I believe in doing something and not just talking about it. If I say Purolator Synthetic oil filter is a very good product then I should have to run one too. Now I am not even considering running a classic or Pureone.

I have another Fram Ultra in the bull pen to be run after I use the Purolator Synthetic. And I am buying a Fram Ultra for the lady's Camry in a bit too. Because as you said very well... "Fram make good filters". And I agree 100%.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: jhellwig
I think mrs andman got sent to bed.

Looks like he really "mopped the floor" once again. Did you see the OT Troll thread about Mrsandman? LoL

I missed that. A troll can be funny but most are not.

Originally Posted By: Mrsandman
Seems info from other forums and for new members is not well received here.

New members have no problems. Sockpuppets are another matter.

And reasoned critiques are fine. I don't like Fram. I've said it countless times here. The only thing good about Fram are their air filters and the Ultras. Everything else is overpriced for what you get, particularly up here. I'm am never in Fram's wildest dreams paying $7 for an orange can PH8A when I can get a Wix 51515 for $4.99. That isn't slandering a product or relying on innuendo. I'm simply not spending more on a filter with fewer features and cheaper construction.

On the other hand, the Fram Ultra's pricing is more uniform across its line and compares very favourably against other premium (and not so premium) filters, particularly ones where the competition has very expensive model numbers. A $9 or $10 Wix for my G37 compared to an $11 Ultra isn't as much of a slam dunk as the previous example with my F-150 and the orange can.

And Clevy is right. There are all kinds of ancient Fram anecdotes one can dig up. Big deal.

Yes, Mrsandman seems to be on vacation, so I'll leave this here for the next iteration to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back