Annual total lose in purchasing power

Status
Not open for further replies.
No question about it...look at Clinton's post presidential body of work...and listen to what he says. It's not a secret. I cannot quote him directly but essentially in all his economic genius he has concluded that the imbalance in standards of living across the globe is not sustainable.

You can disagree with his philosphy and conclusions.
You can agree with his philosophy and conclusions.

You cannot state that this is not what he believes, because he's said it outright.

And quoted directly from his site is this....

" •Transform the climate crisis into an opportunity with green jobs for the poor"

Now before someone makes the false conclusion that because I'm not in agreement with him (certainly > 0% but certainly < 100%)...has nothing to do with my concern for the poor.

Quote:
has concluded that the imbalance in standards of living across the globe is not sustainable.

Well, I'd say that our most learned and accomplished nobles of commerce figured that out too. They've done nothing but develop other economies at our expense. Shipping job after job ..industry after industry ..elevating others ..devaluing "ours" (there is a bit of an issue whom "our" and "ours" are when talking about these matters of interest)

Oily was correct.

Quote:
...has nothing to do with my concern for the poor.

Of that, I am assured
56.gif
grin2.gif

I'm not really sure about the context from which your question was derived...but let's look at it from a net worth point of view.

The market cap for the largest US defense contractors (billions $US)

Boeing(BA)...................30.4
Lockheed Martin(LMT).........31.9
Northrop Grumman(NOC)........14.9
Raytheon(RTN)................17.5

The market cap from some successful US commercial corps.

Intel(INTC)..................90.9
Google(GOOG)................134.6
Microsoft(MSFT).............207.8
Apple(AAPL).................127.1

And of course there are MANY more (not so in defense contractors).

US defense spending is < 4% of GDP. Total procurement is less than half of that if memory serves me correctly.

US govt dictates defense corp profits both in export control and profit limits.

Now, it seems clear where the real money is, and it's not in defense.

I didn't see any munitions manufacturers there ...and in my sloppy research just noted how ..something like Colt was basically sent into changing owners with the whim of government (or especially the lack there of) contracts ...revitalized after being destroyed ..and funded through 2010 ..

Not that it makes a big impact on your post, but more interesting shenanigans.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Indyfan,
google NWO, One Global Currency, and one Global Government.

Better yet, google "president speeches New World Order",
if he hasn't heard of it, he hasn't been listening.
When you look at all the speeches the phrase is used in by national leaders from G. H. W. Bush and PM Gordon Brown through to Obama and the UN it looks like a code phrase identifying the speaker as a member of the "League of Distinguished Gentlemen" (TM Gary Allen) regardless of the public face presented.

Now where is that tin foil beanie I made...?

Wars almost always require funding via some sort of lending process which comes with INTEREST payments. Once again fractional reserve lending comes into play. The banking groups that fund both sides win big in a war scenario no matter who actually ends up as the victor. Follow the historic money trail from WWI and WWII and you will understand what Shannow is referring to as the really big money. Private defense contractors don't win big, but banks do.

All of those haters of "Big Oil" and NIMBY's should love some of these highlights -

Big Oil’s Answer to Carbon Law May Be Fuel Imports (Update2)

June 26 (Bloomberg) -- America’s biggest oil companies will probably cope with U.S. carbon legislation by closing fuel plants, cutting capital spending and increasing imports.

“It will lead to the opportunity for foreign sources to bring in transportation fuels at a lower cost, which will have an adverse impact to our industry, potential shutdown of refineries and investment and, ultimately, employment,” Mulva said in a June 16 interview in Detroit. Houston-based ConocoPhillips has the second-largest U.S. refining capacity.

The same amount of gasoline that would have $1 in carbon costs imposed if it were domestic would have 10 cents less added if it were imported, according to energy consulting firm Wood Mackenzie in Houston. Contrary to President Barack Obama’s goal of reducing dependence on overseas energy suppliers, the bill would incent U.S. refiners to import more fuel, said Clayton Mahaffey, an analyst at RedChip Cos. in Maitland, Florida.

About 2 million barrels of daily U.S. refining capacity will shut down because carbon costs will be several times the operating profits for some plants, Ihne said. That’s equivalent to 12 percent of the nation’s fuel-making capacity. Jones, the API economist, said there could be as much as 3 million barrels of idled processing capacity.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601109&sid=a1ZiIqv3E4QE

How about those green jobs and decreased imports? This is CHANGE you can believe in...
LOL.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
I didn't see any munitions manufacturers there ...and in my sloppy research just noted how ..something like Colt was basically sent into changing owners with the whim of government (or especially the lack there of) contracts ...revitalized after being destroyed ..and funded through 2010 ..

Not that it makes a big impact on your post, but more interesting shenanigans.

Of course this is way off topic, my apologies for that.

As you said, they weren't included. Neither was General Dynamics simply because they are now small compare to the others.

I think Colt would be considered a small arms manufacturer and therefore small potatoes next to an LMT or a BA.

The lion's share of the DOD procurement budget goes to these companies. They are the big systems companies.

Shipbuilding operations combined do receive a large amount also, when combined.

Now as to the polticization of the weapons business. You bet. This was done mainly by the politicians of course...and defense manufacturers are widely spread across the country. You can figure out why.

I won't polticize the discussion and point to one party or the other as the larger of the two politicizers.

Politicization of the defense business is pretty shameful in my opinion. Of course, that is my opinion. I'm no expert on the subject.

Originally Posted By: pickled
Wars almost always require funding via some sort of lending process which comes with INTEREST payments. Once again fractional reserve lending comes into play. The banking groups that fund both sides win big in a war scenario no matter who actually ends up as the victor. Follow the historic money trail from WWI and WWII and you will understand what Shannow is referring to as the really big money. Private defense contractors don't win big, but banks do.

Well, not sure what you're saying here but those wars are well in the past now.

The nature of modern warfare would likely prevent a similar occurrence between two or more major players. I don't see a complete mobilization of a large economy to supply a war machine in the future....modern wars are won and lost too fast and in a worst case scenario one or all combined would very likely go nuclear when faced with a catastrophic loss. Then everone loses of course, unless of course you give up your poker chips in that scenario. Then you just get nuked.

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
Originally Posted By: oilyriser
There is only one side in the NWO but it wears two different colours.

Do you have any links I can check out on this New World Order, I haven't heard of this before, only on BITOG.

The American Speech, Language, and Hearing Association has reference to "the upcoming North American Union" in some of their lobbying materials.

That's sign enough of the NWO for me.

Interesting point about carbon tax exempt countries becoming major oil refiners in the future. They'll mine bitumen from Canada, ship the dirt to xxxx, and import gasoline and diesel back from xxxx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back