Annoying neighbor

I don’t see anything wrong with somebody asking you to move your stuff off his property.

Obviously it’s bothering him, so what’s the big deal? It’s his property, why not respect that?

I understand your upset because it was always there, I get it, I do but you have to respect that it is his property and is now bothering him and he wants it removed.

I personally wouldn’t hold any grudges against my neighbor if he asked the same of me
He has been an annoying neighbor way before this. Both to me and the neighbor on the other side of him.

I have a neighbor down the street from me( I live in the mountains off of a golf course) and their driveway is about 2ft from the property line. Anyway, they park their cars and such that the back bumpers is hanging over the driveway. Well their neighbor was upset that the bumpers where in there "airspace" so they called the police on them. Being rural we have the State Police patrol. The cops came and and basically had a good laugh. Fast forward a few months and they were backing up their vehicles and the neighbor comes running out and just stood there, well the neighbor backing up(82 yrs old) didn't see the neighbor standing there and knocked knocked him over. Here comes the cops, they get a warning.

As an fyi there is about 30 feet between the two driveways with Oak and Pine trees.

The Neighbors with the driveway put on a fence and painted it only on the one side and not the side facing the neighbor, well that is another story!!

Those 2 are the talk of the neighborhood!!

Welcome to the new millenium!!

I visited my sister this weekend and they have old self-righteous miserable fart down the street that was talking to somebody, both in their car and blocking the street. She went around him and he drove up the street and blocked their cul-de-sac and their driveway then proceeded to sling racial slurs. Same guy said my sister's BF wouldn't "make it in this neighborhood".....of middle class houses because he bought the house some 8 years ago at 26 years old. Some people deserve to burn while water is poured on the ground.

I had a next door neighbor who was a total pain. Behind our houses is a hill that my children used to sleigh ride down and she would loudly complain about the noise interfering with her afternoon napping. She said something that had my ten year old daughter in tears and I went over and told her to keep her mouth off my kids. Both were lawyers and threatened me for being on their porch and I repositioned myself into the street and invited the husband come out and discuss it with me. He declined.
A year later, once again in the middle of winter, I hear pounding and screaming at my front door and open it to find her soaking wet in a bath robe screaming that her house was on fire. I look over and sure enough there is smoke rolling out of the front door. At the time I was still working on the city fire department, since retired, and walked over and went into the house and determined that the fire was in the garage. I slowly opened the door and saw it was in the far corner around the furnace and water heater so I hit the garage door button, turned off the power at the main breaker once it was up and grabbed their garden hose and knocked the majority of the fire down just as the guys from my station pulled up. It did my heart good to see them track mud and snow all over her white carpet as they did overhauling to check for fire extension.
They were nothing but cordial after that.

I lived in the New Jersey suburbs about 25 years ago. There was a woman who lived alone with her dog who was extremely disagreeable, chased kids away from her property, and told all her neighbors to just leave her alone and not bother her in any way. So, they did just that.

Then they noticed that the grass on her lawn was not being mowed, and the power to the house was shut off. They figured she must have gone away somewhere. Finally, someone noticed a broken window, and it was winter. So they called the police to do a welfare check. When the police entered the house, they found her decomposed body on the kitchen floor, and the dead dog too. They figure she had been dead for six months or more. But nobody ever checked on her, because the miserable soul didn't want to be bothered or annoyed by anyone.

If it has been this way for 10-15 years and predates both of you, you have two options:

1) move them to an agreed upon spot, with the other person agreeing in writing to the location.

2) consult an attorney about easement policy in the area, as it would seem to me that you have yourself one…
Option 2 would cost more than the sliver of land is worth.

Option 2 would cost more than the sliver of land is worth.
Of course it might. But it’s not like it has to be doing a lot of work. OP can probably read up on the local laws and diy too. Depends upon who/what they know…

Last edited:
To me, if the property was professionally surveyed, I'd have no problem with it, he can have it but don't expect me to accomodate his wishes. He has to do the cleanup if he wants it. I wouldn't fight over it, life is too short for that..

He has been an annoying neighbor way before this. Both to me and the neighbor on the other side of him.
In that case I retract my posts about, "killing him with kindness". Explain to him that gardens don't grow where the Sun never shines. Tell him to put his section of the garden there.

Did not sound like this is the case here, though.

Never experienced an HOA that owned all the land. That is an animal of different stripe.
Site Condo. Detached single family homes with a condo association.

Townhomes are almost universally like this if there is a HOA.
Zero lot line attached single family residences (NYC Brownstone) is different animal.

Back