Amsoil vs. Mobil 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice website...I like the defect/recall page because there was nothing on my Jeep 4.0L engine
grin.gif
Love that ole' straight six tractor motor
worshippy.gif

I was surprised that there had been discussion about SynLube on this board. When I registered, I did a search and found nothing. Very unfortunate. Anyway, I went back and read the posts that were written back in July of last year and they were very interesting. I wish I had a substantial amount of money to invest, I'd be willing to invest in this company. I would think it would be great to have a lubricant that people install and use for the life of their cars. The environmental impact of the oil used in this country is substantial and growing.

I am surprised that with the interest in oil here, no one has been curious enough to give the oil a fair try. It is as though there's a fear that the engine will be destroyed the minute it's turned over. I have 18K miles of experience with the oil and while that's a drop in the bucket compared to what's really needed to test this oil, the experience I do have is extremely positive and it should be enough indication that it is worthy of consideration. I still have no indication that there is a better oil out there.

Some complaint was made that the oil did not have some of the latest ingredients available and the implication was that the oil was deficient because of it. Is this a fair charge? The oil already costs $30 a quart and it's a tough sell at that price. If the inclusion of those ingredients makes the oil even more expensive who is going to benefit if the company folds because an insufficient number of people will purchase the oil? Moreover, the oil apparently meets all API current standards and probably will for some time so where is the benefit? A more relevant question is how does the oil stack up against other lubricants on the market? To this question, there is no answer at present because no one will test it. This is a shame because the dispassionate testing it would receive by experienced people on this board could very possibly yield a better lubricant.

This is going to be my last post for a while. I am going to see if anyone picks up the ball on this one and runs with it. I've taken this as far as I can. My lack of technical knowledge is too glaring for words so I'll be concentrating on learning from here on. Are there any pioneers here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back