Amsoil TBN versus M1 / RP in ASTM D2896 Testing

Originally Posted by spj
Happy to use m1 with lower tbn such equals lower SA% for my di turbo engine

You can still have even higher TBN and reasonable SA within the API regime, not to mention a magnesium additive package.

Originally Posted by madeej11
After the onslaught, I'll continue with the Amsoil. My personal opinion is that Amsoil's best is better than Mobil1. Thank you gentlemen.

You're free to use whatever your opinion guides you to. But that certainly doesn't mean you're right. Happy trails!

Amsoil sales/marketing practices are really keeping me from even taking them seriously. A good sales/marketing strategy would be really good for that company

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
Originally Posted by madeej11
After the onslaught, I'll continue with the Amsoil. My personal opinion is that Amsoil's best is better than Mobil1. Thank you gentlemen.

You're free to use whatever your opinion guides you to. But that certainly doesn't mean you're right. Happy trails!

That was a needless comment, I never stated I was right. Please re-read."My personal opinion".

Originally Posted by benjy
for Ams price with shipping it should be better!! since they went mum + answer NO questions about base oils i QUIT using it!!

What does base oil have to do with the price of eggs when the finished product performs?
Almost everything.

Back