Amsoil SS 0w30, 3100oci, Honda Accord 2.0t

Tons of fuel! However the wear numbers look good. This was my winter service so I'll put partial blame on idle time.
Screenshot_20240506_171246_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

Are you sure this isn't the thicker Amsoil 0w30 Euro oil? Amsoil sells (2) different 0w30s in SP.
With that much fuel dilution (it's more than what Blackstone is reporting) you lost so little cst@100 viscosity.

Are you sure this isn't the thicker Amsoil 0w30 Euro oil? Amsoil sells (2) different 0w30s in SP.
With that much fuel dilution (it's more than what Blackstone is reporting) you lost so little cst@100 viscosity.
Maybe. Blackstone is just inaccurate not always high nor low.

Actually right at 9 cSt with 1-2% fuel seems about right for AZO, it's down from 10.4 cSt.
I'd venture at a more trusted Analysis place, this dilution number would be near 4. The 350 flashpoint backs up what I'm saying.

But hey, you're an Amsoil General and I got busted down from lowly Corporal. You know these grades better than I.

I'd venture at a more trusted Analysis place, this dilution number would be near 4. The 350 flashpoint backs up what I'm saying.

But hey, you're an Amsoil General and I got busted down from lowly Corporal. You know these grades better than I.
Hahahahahaa I dunno. There possibly could be more fuel, true enough. Flash is really low, one of the lower flash points I've seen, but 10.4=> 9 IS a substantial drop.

I don't remember the elemental adds in Euro 0W-30, that might be a tell, but I still think OP is using AZO.

There only recommending a 5k oci . Thats Nuts

Yup. According to them the wear numbers look low. I was planning on keeping this car for a long time. I may just switch to the cheapest 5w30 I can find and change it every 3500.

Hahahahahaa I dunno. There possibly could be more fuel, true enough. Flash is really low, one of the lower flash points I've seen, but 10.4=> 9 IS a substantial drop.

I don't remember the elemental adds in Euro 0W-30, that might be a tell, but I still think OP is using AZO.
Even discussing the accuracy of a Blackstone fuel dilution estimate is pretty much a waste of time.

Not nice to say but.....About the worst waste of money, time and oil I've seen.

It's true though! I'm better off running cheaper oils like I did in the other columns. I don't think it's possible to run much more than 3-5k oci in a modern Honda sadly.

Never seen Blackstone recommend more than 2k on most analysis so nothing out of the ordinary there but it is funny how conservative they are on this short 3500 mile run. As for the wear it's excellent & nothing to change it for. Following their recommendation of putting another 2k on & the fuel might stay at that level.

I would never go beyond 5k with that engine, or these dilution results.
That's me....... oil is still cheap..... even Amsoil. I paid $13 per quart and got free shipping.

Completely satisfied I got a good deal. So shop for the best oils you can afford and don't worry about the naysayers here. I change my Amsoil at 3k...... and/or my Fram EP, Supertech EP/Advanced, Valvoline EP, Castrol EP, Mobil 1 EP......etc.

Tons of fuel! However the wear numbers look good. This was my winter service so I'll put partial blame on idle time. View attachment 218075
Just playing devil's advocate here but you could go further IMO. Viscosity held up well for a 0w30 that was pummeled by that much fuel (much more than what B/S Labs is showing). Also, you have an oil in the sump that is good at controlling wear when there is a lot of fuel. The esters and high detergents will help keep the engine clean. So not all is wasted. I'd probably opt for a 5w or 10w30 though.

Back