Amsoil S2K 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had 3 yearly runs with the TSO in 3.0 Ranger. Engine was silky smooth with the extra MPG which I was pleased also.

The Ranger has 102K miles so in goes the new TSO(yesterday).

It's different from the old stuff. The one thing I was looking for is when I'm travelling on the incline for about 8-10 mile run. That is where I was usually get that pinging on those hot days. I know when my engine strains a bit in 5th gear if I don't keep the speed up. With the old TSO, I would just glide up in 5th gear at a steady 55-60 mph.

The new TSO makes my engine feel tight. I was surprised! Engine just glides up the incline with no effort(feels like it has more kick in it).

Amsoil is amazing!

I run the TSO 1 year, 12K average. I know my engine as it's been on Amsoil since 1K. I was going with the 5w-40 since it was at 100K but after some thought decided on the TSO.

I don't know but I see and feel what my engine response to. The new TSO is different from the old. Just by what my engine tells me.

I'll do a UOA after one year and post it.

I'll also post the Amsoil 5w-40 which dued in 3 months. It's a Dodge V-8 van(5qt) with 13K.

"I wonder what's different. The new oil is a bit thinner, and the base chemistry was altered slightly."

I've driven about 450 miles with the TSO and when I checked the dip stick, I notice the color of oil is very different.

There was a greenish yellow color to it. The initial fill, the oil was very hard to read as the oil was very clear looking.

That green tint(very evident) lasted about 100 miles. Unusual as I check my coolant level but there is no coolant loss. Now the TSO has a stronger yellow(slight green tint) looking oil.

I wonder what's in the oil. I've never seen an oil that behaved in this manner.

A couple of GC elves must of gotten loose & found a new home with Amsoil.
lol.gif

Since 1K, good for you. I had intended to do a similar thing. I had never run an entire vehicle life cycle on a single oil but wanted to try with Amsoil. I wanted to get some Amsoil XL because is was the only GF-4. I had planned to run it through the warrenty and then switch to a different Amsoil line.

My local Amsoil dealer is just over 1 mile from my house. I thought: great, I can buy off the shelf. I left work early one day to get some XL. The dealer said he didn't carry it because is wasn't really synthetic. He added that I shouldn't run Amsoil in a new car or truck because it would never break in. I thanked him for warning me, and I walked away. He does not get any business from me. I guess I am "cutting off my nose to spite my face" <-- For you young guys, it's an actual saying. It means I am just hurting myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back