Amsoil Product Comparison Chart

Saw this on the Amsoil FB page. May help clarify the differences between the oils.

SS is still their top of the line.

1693147551232.png

Despite marketing claims and preconceived notions which one of these oil will allow my vehicles lubricated parts to outlast my ownership of the vehicle?

No sign of the Amsoil Euro Series in that checklist comparison.

If Bobistheoilguy/europe.com existed, would the Euro Series have the most check marks?

Now I won't be able to sleep, until I find out. Someone please pass me the Five Hour Energy.
Would have been nice to have the Euro in the mix for this chart. Problem is the viscosity and tests are different so it's hard to make the comparison between a 30 grade with a HT/HS of 3.1 vs 3.5 etc. Not sure how you could compare these 3 vs the Euro in all areas. Some areas you could.

Despite marketing claims and preconceived notions which one of these oil will allow my vehicles lubricated parts to outlast my ownership of the vehicle?
I just asked that about another popular oil and it didn't go over so well. Never did get any answer. LOL.

Unfortunately no such oil exists YET, despite above rainbow of oils.
Maybe when a oil manufacturer releases an oil with all the colors on the same jug!
Typically you need to drain and fill with new oil periodically to have any longevity of engines.
Would be nice to just buy one oil and keep for rest of time.

Last edited:

At this point we should just start to identify oils that won't keep parts lubricated :D

Question is, are those the expected formulation compromises you'd expect to see when comparing these 3 "different" products?

Saw this on the Amsoil FB page. May help clarify the differences between the oils.

SS is still their top of the line.

View attachment 175270
My great-grandfather once said something about being employed back in the day and he mentioned SS. I had no idea that he worked for Amsoil!!! I should have asked him more questions about the formulations etc! Well now I know! /S

The SS will have better solvency compared to the others, likely due to the esters.

"Thank you for your email.

The Signature Series does have very good solvency and will help to clean deposits very well."

Last edited:
Back