Amsoil pricing change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amsoil raised the price of their 5w and 10w Signature Series oils to match the price of their 0w Signature Series offerings.

It used to be slightly more for the 0w offerings. I was under the understanding that some of the ingredients required for the 0w oils were more expensive. I guess things have changed.

Last edited:
Preferred pricing $10.00 individual quart for Signature Series.

A little less if by the case or by the gallon.

Free shipping at $100

Last edited:
People are driving less, that means less oil changes. It hurts to see sales and profits drop, so maybe they felt a price increase was in order. I find it hard to blame it on the price of oil. Others might follow suit, or offer better pricing to increase volume. Time will tell.

Originally Posted by zfasts03

There was some reason decades ago I decided not to buy this brand, now I remember why.

Originally Posted by atikovi

There was some reason decades ago I decided not to buy this brand, now I remember why.

I really like you when you are in a good mood.
05.gif

Originally Posted by Gebo
Atikovi,

What gear oil do you use?

Mobil 1 but do sometimes get Redline products for manual transmissions if they have a shifting issue.

Sorry I'm not a fanboy. Might be real good stuff but when other real good stuff is available for a third the cost, I'm out.

exactly, other brands that cost a third will keep engine alive for 300k miles and much more,other parts will die way before the engine.
its a matter of the good old fuzzy feeling to whom who buy them not more.

Do people still buy that stuff when you can get name brand synthetics from Walmart and Amazon often for under $3 a quart delivered to your door?

I do not get motor oil from Amsoil but do get ATF and gear oils from Amsoil. While Walmart has a huge selection of motor oil on the shelf, they don't have much of a selection of ATF and gear oil. Obviously most DIY people don't go beyond changing the oil.

Amsoil raised the price of their 5w and 10w Signature Series oils to match the price of their 0w Signature Series offerings.

It used to be slightly more for the 0w offerings. I was under the understanding that some of the ingredients required for the 0w oils were more expensive. I guess things have changed.

To all repliers here - reminding them that Amsoil is a site Sponsor here.

Maybe some of the ingredients used in the 0w20 are now needed to produce SP / GF6 oils in higher viscosities?.... thus a slightly higher price to meet the 0w20 price?

Also, regular Walmart shoppers are not your typical Amsoil, Red Line, Schaeffers and Ravenol buyers, which live a little more upscale than every-week Walmart shoppers and don't mind spending $10 per quart.

Stay in your proper income lane, whether it's clothes, vehicles, home subdivisions, restaurants, oil brands.....etc....etc. In-other-words, leave the folks with thick wallets alone.

I think AMSOIL is a quality product, but their pricing structure and pyramid scheme sales tactics rule them out for me. If they were on the shelf at regular parts stores and were still $9-10 per quart, I'd probably use their oils. It certainly isn't an "income level" issue for me its just the idiotic sales tactics they use with the tiered pricing and shipping charges. My Pennzoil Ultra and Rotella T6 do the job just fine for ~$23 a 5qt jug...

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en

To all repliers here - reminding them that Amsoil is a site Sponsor here.

Maybe some of the ingredients used in the 0w20 are now needed to produce SP / GF6 oils in higher viscosities?.... thus a slightly higher price to meet the 0w20 price?

Also, regular Walmart shoppers are not your typical Amsoil, Red Line, Schaeffers and Ravenol buyers, which live a little more upscale than every-week Walmart shoppers and don't mind spending $10 per quart.

Stay in your proper income lane, whether it's clothes, vehicles, home subdivisions, restaurants, oil brands.....etc....etc. In-other-words, leave the folks with thick wallets alone.

I like you
cheers3.gif

Perhaps they need to generate revenue for that refinery they built?
27.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back