Amsoil P.I. in bulk fuel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep my mower fuel in a 55 gal bulk tank. I had a bottle of P.I. and it said to use it every 100 hrs. Would it hurt anything to add it to 20-30 gallons basically making it where your adding it to the mower every tankful?
Is this product also a fuel stabilizer or no? When I fill the tank it takes quite some time to use it all.
Thanks, Chris

I would use it as per instructions. You are really flying by the seat of your pants.

Not aware of it having any stabilizing ability at all. It's for cleaning in a concentrated dose just like Techron is.

Best thing to do is use a dedicated stabilizer and use the PI in the engine tank. Depending on what size it is it might take a small container to measure it properly.

I agree with OilBoy123.

PI is not a fuel stabilizer, it's a shock cleaner. That said, putting it in your mower via your bulk tank probably won't hurt anything. I just went through a PI spring cleaning of all my OPE - some have never been treated (all Honda engines, except the TB Tiller). I was surprised how much smoother off idle the engines are now.

Thanks guys. I'll just add it when I change the oil then (Amsoil 10/30-30w) @ 100 hrs then. What is a good fuel stabilizer, Sta-Bil ??

Just to add to the point... I've found AST works a lot better than Sta-bil for me. I swtiched to AST from Sta-bil because Sta-bil failed to prevent deposits in my snowthrower over the summer. AST has been working great.

+1 on Sta-bil not doing what it's advertised to do. I've been using Pri-G and have been happy ever since (not saying it's better than AST, just that it's better than Sta-bil).

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back