Amsoil or HPL?

I bought a 2022 wrx (2.4 boxer direct injection) recently and I'm looking to doing my own oil change and I'm torn between using amsoil or high performance lubricants oil. They both seem to be great. Amsoil just seems to have more history and pedigree but HPL oil I haven't seen not one bad comment. Any thoughts?

I bought a 2022 wrx (2.4 boxer direct injection) recently and I'm looking to doing my own oil change and I'm torn between using amsoil or high performance lubricants oil. They both seem to be great. Amsoil just seems to have more history and pedigree but HPL oil I haven't seen not one bad comment. Any thoughts?
That's a Great Question ❓
How about try them both
Start with 1 and run them to 10-25k oci, then try the other 1
I look fwd to your results

Both will probably serve you well. If I had the money, I would try both.

I have used Amsoil before but I have not used HPL. Though, in the future at some point I would like to run HPL once through all 4 cars to clean up anything that may be left over from previous oils though I'm pretty meticulous and change oil frequently except in my Audi. The same oil has been in there for I don't know maybe 3 - 4 years now with maybe 1k miles; probably less. Can't drive the car at the moment until I register it and when I do, I still have boxes of M1 to get through. Car has Amsoil AFL in there now.

I run HPL in my wife's 2022 Jeep GC WK2 (check it out: https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/t...ted-ups-just-dropped-off-the-packages.355350/).

I run Red Line in my 2022 Dodge Durango GT Plus AWD and our 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe SE.

We also have a RAM 1500 (my dad's) running entirely on AMSOIL. The engine is running SS 5W-30.

My brother's 2020 Sonata will be converted to HPL as well. Oh, my mom runs Red Line in her 2017 Santa Fe SE.

All of these companies make outstanding products. If I found HPL earlier, I would most likely run HPL in all of our vehicles. On the flip side, trying out various brands is also fun.

If I was running a race team and needed lubricants tailored to my needs, HPL, hands down!

For your Subaru WRX I recommend you go with HPL because they offer the widest selection of formulations, and sometimes, they even make a custom blend for you, like this one here: https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/full-saps-a3-b4-a40-style-euro-lube-with-a-twist.356693

If you like to push your Subaru but are concerned about LSPI, then HPL offers their Premium Plus PCMO with HTHS above 3.5, which is something you won't find from any other manufacturer. If you want a more robust anti-wear package FULL-SAPS style, look no further than their Supercar line. They also offer HDMO and low-mid SAPS Euro oils in their Euro lineup. You have plenty of very good options with @High Performance Lubricants - just ask them for a recommendation that fits your application and driving style.

I'd give HPL a run - I am running their oil in my Sportwagen that gets the crap beat of it reguarly...I think these guys are the way to go.
Having seen HPL's facility, when i use up my oil on hand, I'm going all HPL.
I'd give HPL a run - I am running their oil in my Sportwagen that gets the crap beat of it reguarly...I think these guys are the way to go.
HPL no doubt. I have seen lab tests of both and Amsoil is not bad but not impressive for the price. HPL is unequivocally the most impressive motor oil I've ever seen.
Yes.

I’ve used Amsoil quite a bit. After seeing data & oil samples from HPL, along with super-quick responses to inquiries by David @ HPL, they’ve certainly earned my interest. I’m ordering their V-Twin oil change kit that will do two OCIs (20k miles) on my Harley. I’ll have back-to-back tests and will gladly share the UOAs and subjective results from both manufacturers.

Amsoil uses one oil for engine, trans, and primary. HPL has 3 separate oils which may provide better subjective results due to the differences in application. I’m intrigued.

Back