Amsoil or HPL?

I’ve used Amsoil quite a bit. After seeing data & oil samples from HPL, along with super-quick responses to inquiries by David @ HPL, they’ve certainly earned my interest. I’m ordering their V-Twin oil change kit that will do two OCIs (20k miles) on my Harley. I’ll have back-to-back tests and will gladly share the UOAs and subjective results from both manufacturers.

Amsoil uses one oil for engine, trans, and primary. HPL has 3 separate oils which may provide better subjective results due to the differences in application. I’m intrigued.
In the kit, true. It's what HD recommends.

But you can go with:

MVT Transmission fluid

MVP Primary Fluid

Thanks!

Nope, my experience was first hand, in-person so I have nothing that I can share other than the anecdotal.
Well, then, how about some info about what impressed you to conclude that HPL is unequivocally the most impressive motor oil you've ever seen (BTW, I like the conviction of that statement (y))? Since you were impressed by the results, perhaps you're able to recall a few items that really stood out for you. Do you recall which version of HPL was tested? Thanks!

In the kit, true. It's what HD recommends.

But you can go with:

MVT Transmission fluid

MVP Primary Fluid

Thanks!
Thanks Pablo, if I make another trip thru the Amsoil offerings (between this & the HPL fills, I’m good for the next ~30k miles) I’ll definitely try those. Hopefully the MVP gets rid of the notchiness and very loud gear engagements with the V-Twin 20W-50. I replaced a reddish fluid of unknown brand from the primary, so it’s safe to assume the bike had “specialized” lubricants and may be why it was a little smoother than the Amsoil.

Thanks for the input! :)

The HPL EC30 was the easiest way to clean/flush an engine ever. Glad I tried them out. Still going to Redline for the CVT fluid and Si-1 but they got me on the EC30!

I couldn't get hpl recently and I used motul 8100 for thr first time and I gotta say. It is definitely quality oil.

There is no such thing as an oil that is primarily ester-based. Even RL is mostly PAO; it simply contains Ester.
OVER at ram forums they love redline oil because of ester and high molybdenum , im guessing they would love even more this HPL oil, I cant wait to try this in my Sierra.

Back