Amsoil OE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pablo I have a question for you, do you happen to have a VOA on Amsoil OE 5W20 I did not see one on here?
I don't. Not a VOA guy, but if you find the VOA of the OE 5W-30, the "VISIBLE" additive chemistry will be the same. I believe all the other components except the base oil viscosity very similar as well.

Pablo I have a question for you, do you happen to have a VOA on Amsoil OE 5W20 I did not see one on here?
Wouldn't this be what you are looking for?

A serious question, what are you looking for on a spectrographic analysis that would sway your decision on whether to buy this oil or not? Technically speaking I mean.

A serious question, what are you looking for on a spectrographic analysis that would sway your decision on whether to buy this oil or not? Technically speaking I mean.
I'm looking for something with

high Molly, high zinc, and about 8.75 CST

Thank you very much I did see that though.. I'm not sure how much it would vary🤷🏻‍♂️
I would guess since that is only a GF5 and not GF6 also it is 0w-20, the additive package, would be increased.. I am looking to give Amsoil OE a try it would be free shipping, and preferred customer discount. So it's coming out about the same price, as Mobil 1 EP for example.

Between lot numbers? Or what?

I'll say this, I trust PQIA to be able to properly calibrate and operate their ICP and viscometers as opposed to some other analysis labs we see on here.
I was just saying, that was 0w-20 I'm looking for 5W-20, and that was also GF5 so I would imagine GF6 has additives in it. Versus the previous endorsement. I definitely trust PQIA versus labs because each lab can up with different reports. I agree with you 100%.. I don't mean to be a bother to you guys I really don't, I'm disabled I don't do much, and I have OCD obviously.. LOL

I was just saying, that was 0w-20 I'm looking for 5W-20, and that was also GF5 so I would imagine GF6 has additives in it. Versus the previous endorsement. I definitely trust PQIA versus labs because each lab can up with different reports. I agree with you 100%.. I don't mean to be a bother to you guys I really don't, I'm disabled I don't do much, and I have OCD obviously.. LOL
GF-5/GF-6 additive levels will vary between brands. Formulas change periodically as well.

Oils more/less fall into these 3 buckets:

Oils w/o OEM or API approvals: Amsoil Signature Series, HPL, Redline, etc. Depending on who you talk to (and believe), these can be better or worse than mainstream oils containing OEM approvals.

Oils with OEM approvals and API licensing: vast majority of oils on the market, including some "generic" brands. For a given viscosity and performance spec, all of these oils will be very similar in performance. Their VOA's may look different, but the end performance should be very similar.

Oils w/OEM approvals and API licensing, but also advertise extended drain capabilities on their own: Mobil 1 EP, Castrol Edge EP, SuperTech 20K, etc. It seems reasonable to assume that these oils are more stout (to a degree), but that is also highly debatable.

Between lot numbers? Or what?

I'll say this, I trust PQIA to be able to properly calibrate and operate their ICP and viscometers as opposed to some other analysis labs we see on here.
I was just saying, that was 0w-20 I'm looking for 5W-20, and that was also GF5 so I would imagine GF6 has additives in it. Versus the previous endorsement. I definitely trust PQIA versus labs because each lab can up with different reports. I agree with you 100%.. I don't mean to be a bother to you g I really don't, I'm disabled I don't do much, and I have OCD obviously.. LOL
GF-5/GF-6 additive levels will vary between brands. Formulas change periodically as well.

Oils more/less fall into these 3 buckets:

Oils w/o OEM or API approvals: Amsoil Signature Series, HPL, Redline, etc. Depending on who you talk to (and believe), these can be better or worse than mainstream oils containing OEM approvals.

Oils with OEM approvals and API licensing: vast majority of oils on the market, including some "generic" brands. For a given viscosity and performance spec, all of these oils will be very similar in performance. Their VOA's may look different, but the end performance should be very similar.

Oils w/OEM approvals and API licensing, but also advertise extended drain capabilities on their own: Mobil 1 EP, Castrol Edge EP, SuperTech 20K, etc. It seems reasonable to assume that these oils are more stout (to a degree), but that is also highly debatable.
How is it, that Amsoil SS and Redline does not meet OEM approvals? Yes I've been looking at different oils in the VOA section of this site, also on the PQIA Website just to look at different oils.. for example I noticed that the, Mobil 1 EP seems to be a pretty stout oil. So does Quaker State for the money.

How is it, that Amsoil SS and Redline does not meet OEM approvals? Yes I've been looking at different oils in the VOA section of this site, also on the PQIA Website just to look at different oils.. for example I noticed that the, Mobil 1 EP seems to be a pretty stout oil. So does Quaker State for the money.
Aside from choosing not to license, both oils are likely well above the sulfated ash (SA) limits for most OEM approvals.

Oh ok.. Does any Amsoil products meet OEM spec's? I guess I would look for the manufacturer endorsement on the oil?

• API SP (Resource Conserving), SN PLUS, SM...; GM dexos1 Gen 2 (supercedes 6094M); ACEA A1/B1; Chrysler MS-6395; Ford WSS-M2C947-A, WSS-M2C930-A; ILSAC GF-6A, , GF-5, GF-4
The above is what it said for OE and XL..

Do you know much about that TRIAX synergy SRT supposed to be group IV base stocks.. what I have seen, from doing a little research, it has a hell of a additive package..

Do you know much about that TRIAX synergy SRT supposed to be group IV base stocks.. what I have seen, from doing a little research, it has a hell of a additive package..
The VOA's we've seen of their API approved oils on here have a pretty vanilla additive package.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back