Fuel
Visc 12.76

water 0

Coolant no

TBN 8.92

Oxid 25.0

Nitr 19.0

Mo 168, "Provides Excellent Wet Clutch Performance
AMSOIL MCF contains no friction modifiers and promotes smooth shifting and positive clutch engagement.

My bet is that the oil was a 30wt shortly after it being put into the bike.
Do we judge the integrity of an oil by it's viscosity?

wiley, why must you point out the obvious? Can't we simply let marketing mumbo-jumbo and dealerspeak control our buying habits?
Besides, much time has been spent on forming the taboos...why bring reality and truth into the mix now?

Tell us about the previous oil, if any additives were used, etc that might lead us to other conclusions than some of the Amsoil bashers jump at. When did you purchase the oil? It is very interesting, the high Mo - but we can not automatically shotgun assume that Amsoil changed formulas. Also Mo is not only a FM. Many diesel oils use Mo - is it serving as a FM there?

I'd love to see a real fuel # too. You still are at a SAE 40, but the oil did thin a bit.

Wear numbers are good, but if you used a dino your Fe would have been zero.
wink.gif
tongue.gif
JUST KIDDING!!!!!!

Yep, still a 40wt, which only Redline has accomplished previously in my motorcycle, and this sample of oil has the most miles of any sample I've taken.
The two previous fills before I filled with with Amsoil: Redline! It's highly probable that the high moly reading in the above sample has to do with the previous Redline use. Last summer I did sample some virgin and used Amsoil MCF, all of which showed a moly reading around 40 ppm.
The oil in this year's sample I purchased this spring (around May). I bought two gallons, the second is in my bike right now, might get another sample before the season is over. I have been really pleased with the Amsoil; great wear numbers, nice feel, robust in my application.

Considering RL has over 900 ppm Mo, there you go. I doubt any apology will be issued, but no biggie. Next run will be more indicative of the oil's performance. Thanks for posting!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back