Amsoil for Stihl

Status
Not open for further replies.

gj

Amsoil has so many 2 stroke products to choose from .What should I get for a Stihl chainsaw and weed eater? Since I'm now running their 4 stroke oil thought I'd try their 2 stroke.Anyone have any experience using Amsoil 2 stroke?Thanks

Sorry for the dumb question but how many onces to the gallon does that work out to? I'm doing 50:1 on mostly Stihl's brand oil.Those little bottle are convenient.I asume you use the Saber Professional. I also use less that a gallon of gas to make it a little richer,.90 sometimes less sometimes more but never a full gallon.Is that a good idea?

Last edited:
haha, move over imperial!
If you would use liters, deciliters and percent that would be a simple calculation. 1:80 = 1.25%. For a liter gas, you would then need.....? 0.125 deciliters of oil. And for 10 liters... 1.25.

But regardless of the jug size, if one bottle=2% of oil in your jug, 0.625 bottle would equal 1.25% in the jug.

Originally Posted By: gj
Sorry for the dumb question but how many onces to the gallon does that work out to? I'm doing 50:1 on mostly Stihl's brand oil.Those little bottle are convenient.I asume you use the Saber Professional. I also use less that a gallon of gas to make it a little richer,.90 sometimes less sometimes more but never a full gallon.Is that a good idea?

http://sickbikeparts.com/Manuals/Premix Ratio.pdf

http://www.csgnetwork.com/oilfuelcalc.html

Yes Saber Pro.

A little richer won't hurt anything.

I run the sabre pro at 70:1 in all my small equipment including a husky 355. 70:1 is the lowest my ratio rite cup will go to, so thats why I use that number. I have ran 100:1 for a couple years but I wanted a little extra protection on my new saw. Just finished cutting 8 cords this weekend. Also try out Amsoil's bar and chain oil, my husky goes through it quicker but I noticed a cooler bar than the husky brand oil that came with my saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back