Amsoil Custom Made

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since amsoil doesn't stock an air filter for my application, have any of you had them cusom make one for you? Is this possible? Okay, like I'm not gonna pay a bunch of money. I will pay a little extra....

Amsoil no longer makes custom foam air filters ...they stopped doing this about 6 months ago ....

TooSlick

Custom made my own. Ordered a filter for my S40. They inadvertently sent the wrong part number. Width was correct but too long. They proptly sent me the correct part and told me to just throw away the wrong one rather than send it back. Seemed to be more trouble to put back in stock.

Used the 'extra' filter on my older car by carefully trimming the length back with a pair of tin snips. The metal screen they use is good and tough! Cut it back till it could just be forced into the airbox with a nice tight seal. My last oil analysis on this car came back with very low silicon so it's working just fine.
cheers.gif

Sorry, just read your previous post. Trimming down worked for my rectangular filter. Sounds like you have a more unique shaped filter.

Amsoil used to have a local Superior, Wisconsin, company make those non-stock filters. I had one made that didn't fit, sent it back and spoke with an Amsoil rep, and he told me that they'd been having problems with that supplier. The second try did fit OK.

In any case, top quality standard filters seem to work as well or better than anything else, regardless of the advertising hoopla. Save your money.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back