Amsoil by-pass for F-150?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking about installing an Amsoil by-pass kit in my 2006 F-150 and I'd like to know if there would be any long term advantage to it? I'm thinking about keeping this truck for at least 10 years but I've also managed to get more than 250k out of some cars just using a regular full flow.

The only thing that I will be doing different now is that I'm planning on switching over to Amsoil oils and changing to 10k to 15k OCI's instead of the 5k OCI's I used to do with PP.

That's the immediate advantage to using an Amsoil (or any) bypass setup. The Amsoil has the further advantage of longer service intervals. Otherwise ..you've got a cleaner healthy engine as opposed to a slightly less clean healthy engine. There may or may not be wear differences of consequence.
dunno.gif

Thanks for the advice and can any of you tell me what a good mounting place would be in a 2006 F-150? I have just finished looking at my truck and it seems to me that the only good place to mount the kit would be on the frame under the driver's side door. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back