Amsoil BMK-11/ Will sandwich adapter work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I use a sandwich adapter/Perma-Cool#181 to hook up a Amsoil BMK-11 bypass kit?If this works the hard part is finding a place to mount the braqcket for the bypass filter.Joe
whistle.gif

Yes. Going from the parts list, you should only need two 3/8 X 1/8 reducer bushings. If you want bigger hoses. Just get the mount and find some O ring boss (ORB) fittings with are 3/4-16 thread (#8 to NPT female) and use the hose barbs that are available for the Permacool.

6405-2T.jpg

Every fitting that you'll ever think off

As allways the people on this board come through.Thanks Gary.It would be great if Amsoil had this type of install offered in a kit.Joe
grin.gif

Now one more clinker to pass around.... On the Oil Filter forums I asked about oil flow direction, whether through the center - filtered - and out to the smaller holes then to the engine, or from the smaller holes(outside) - filtered - and then up the center hole to the engine. I asked them since they are more into "primary" filters. However, the answer I got was that oil flow from outside small holes, through the filter, then up to the engine in the center hole. Meaning..... that all that oil I use for going to my bypass filter is unfiltered at that point. The sandwich adapter makes the regular spin on FF filter rather moot, in fact ANY brand would work in it's place within reason.

At the winery, in our bottling line, just before the wine enters the filler bowl, it goes through a pre-filter of 0.6 micron and then a final filter of 0.45 micron before being bottled. We always filter coarser then finer in our filtration, for efficiency.

Wouldn't the oil taken off the oil pressure sending unit be upstream from the spin on filter (filtered oil) as compared to the way a sandwich adapter works?

Most senders are post filter, Vern. No biggie. Your B50 isn't going to get it all anyway. You end up in some continuum. Otherwise, you need to plumb another full flow in line with your bypass.

The reducer bushings will go in the Permacool sandwich. That's if you want to use the 3/16" hose (#3 hose).

Essentailly, you're making the Permacool ports take the place of your oil pressure sending unit thread wise. You're making the 3/8" NPT ports into 1/8" NPT ports so that the standard parts list (I hope I didn't leave anything out - pre-geezer thing) works.

..but you can go as big on the hose as you want. You just need to buy a few different fittings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back