Amsoil ATF vs Specialty Formulations Autoglide ATF for 2003 Honda Accord

Status
Not open for further replies.
My buddy has over 100,000+/- miles on his 1996 Chevy 4x4 truck on the same Amsoil ATF I put in in 1996 with less than 10k on the odometer. He works his truck, in his service station business, towing, jump starting and plows snow with in the winter months for about 4 hrs a day. Trans has not let him down yet while many others with plows have had trans problems.

btw-was my truck till I sold it to him in 99 for a new one. He kepts bugging me to buy it.

quote:

Originally posted by The Critic:

quote:

Originally posted by Chris Meutsch:
Nope, I go off of the others on this board and save my own money. Selfish, I know. But if a guy here can run a V-8 pickup truck 57k on the Amsoil ATF, I think my Civic can handle it.
It was darker maroon and no longer "clear" but didn't smell any different than new. No noticeable difference in shifting before draining either. Just didn't want to push it more than 60k.

Red wine colored?

Who's this guy with the V8 pick-up you're referring to?

Yes, red wine is appropriate.
There is a UOA in the transmission fluid section I read of a guy with either a Tundra or a F150. Search and ye should find.

Quote:

In any case, I wouldn't extend OCIs past 30k on a Honda w/o a tranny filter. The 05 or 06 models have an AT filter that is serviceable. I believe this is for the 4 & 6 cylinder versions.

The '03 and '04 Odyssey 5-speed AT has a filter also. Though most Honda dealers do not think so, that filter is serviceable. I did it myself. Pain to get to it, not hard at all to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back