Amsoil ASL 5w30 Good For 10K without a UOA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Bill, I service 2 corolla's both with the 1ZZFE(05' and 00') and will definately not go past 10K without a UOA. To be honest I think 10K is plenty and I'll stick with that(as long as service doesn't become severe).

I may run Schaeffer's 9000 instead because I can get it locally and am confident it will do just as well as the Amsoil for 10K miles.

I don't think you plan on skipping checking the oil. That would be crazy. Especially the first or second OCI on synthetic, when the old oil is cleaned out and consumed.

Doing a UOA....not sure what that exactly would buy you? The oil may shear a tad. Maybe not. A BLACKSTONE TBN of between 2-4. Wear metals, nominal. Unless you have a coolant leak, or some other engine problem.

I could be wrong, but the 4.7 has dual timing chains. And the great feature of the Eao oil filter is it can do the distance of 15K without a change.

Now if the title of the post would have been...should I do a UOA on a 10K OCI....I would say "YES"...but, trending of this type of engine has proven 10 K can be done...Look at Bill's!

Toyota 4.7l V8 have belts.
whistle.gif

Here is the belt for a 2UZFE --> Timing belt for 4.7l Toyota motor.

Trust me the belt driven motors are EASIER on oil (look at the Honda Civic and Accord with belts then with chains) and the 4.7l uses belts.

I drive Tundras at work and have seen the belts. We replace them right at 90k (one of the FEW things we do on time) They are worked like no other trucks and just keep on going.

(Toyota brakes stink (esp the 2007 and 08)) Max life is 30k and you replace the rotors along with the pads.

Other than that, we like them.

Bill

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah

Toyota brakes stink (esp the 2007 and 08)) Max life is 30k and you replace the rotors along with the pads.

Bill

Off Topic

If you think brake life of 30k miles is bad, you may feel better when I tell you my '00 E430 front brake pads are gone in 14-15k miles, rear pads are needed to be replaced every 20-25k miles too. All 4 expensive tires (235/45-17) are bald in less than 25k miles, some tire brands are less than 20k miles even when they were rotated every 5k miles.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR

Toyota brakes stink (esp the 2007 and 08)) Max life is 30k and you replace the rotors along with the pads.

Bill

Off Topic

If you think brake life of 30k miles is bad, you may feel better when I tell you my '00 E430 front brake pads are gone in 14-15k miles, rear pads are needed to be replaced every 20-25k miles too. All 4 expensive tires (235/45-17) are bald in less than 25k miles, some tire brands are less than 20k miles even when they were rotated every 5k miles.

Suckage... Too rich for my blood.
shocked2.gif

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR

Bill

Off Topic

Suckage... Too rich for my blood.
shocked2.gif

Yeah, me too ..but there are many who would love to be able to have such problems
grin2.gif

Just so you all know, if the DODGE 4.7 with dual timing chains can do (with UOA) 12K, a Toyota or other 4 or 6 bangers in good shape can do 10K without a UOA using the Amsoil 5w30. Save your self a filter change and use the Amsoil full flow filter also.

Nope. Unless you have a lot of makeup oil to refresh the additives (like 2 quarts) there is NO way I'd do it in the engine that the OP asked about with out a UOA BEFORE 10k.

Amsoil filter or not.

Again, spoken from someone who did it.

Have you ever known anyone that lost an engine running Amsoil or Mobil 1 using extended drain intervals?

Using your example doesn't prove anything. Switching a high mileage car over to synthetic will often result in a lower initial Tbn as the solvency and detergency of the oil will be cleaning up and flushing out the older oils.

Bill, the irony of it all is you actually pander to what big oil wants = more oils changes. You should be running a Jiffy Lube so you can push cheap oils and shorter drain intervals. lol

So the 2 OCIs before of syn did not clean out all the sludge (which there was none but let's pretend) but magic Amsoil did?

When I give advise, I try to error on the side of being safe. I'd rather give safe then just xx for xx unless it is what the MFG of the engine recommends. They have tested things.

No thanks on Jiffy lube. I was there Wednesday for 20 mins.

Take care, Bill

PS: And even more.. The OP is requesting advise for his girl friends Mom = MOTHER IN LAW!
shocked2.gif

Dude! If there was EVER a time to be safe.....
grin2.gif

So the 2 OCIs before of syn did not clean out all the sludge (which there was none but let's pretend) but magic Amsoil did?

When I give advise, I try to error on the side of being safe. I'd rather give safe then just xx for xx unless it is what the MFG of the engine recommends. They have tested things.

Take care, Bill

PS: And even more.. The OP is requesting advise for his girl friends Mom = MOTHER IN LAW!
shocked2.gif

grin2.gif

I have read this thread carefully and I have to agree with all the posters except for BillinUtah anyone suprised?
crazy2.gif

Why do I disagree with Bill? cause I believe his experience was not done with any long term research and or following oil manufactures recommendations, just immediate results was his goal, so he could dumb down the synthetic oil crowd, as is evident here
35.gif

I have gone round and round with Bill and he is a tree stump on the subject.
First off Amsoil clearly states this
Quote:
All intervals are for "mechanically-sound" equiptment

Quote:
Defined as-Engines that are in good working condition and or do not, forexample, leak or consume excessive amounts of oil, are not worn out, do not overheat, do not leak antifreeze, andhave propely- working emission controlssystems. AMSOIL recommends repairing malfunctioning engines prior to the installation of AMSOIL synthetic motor oils.

With that being the first thing considered before you put in Amsoil oils, I hope anyone who thinks their 5/10 year old car that is out of warranty and has over 100,000 miles ran with liquid dirt,I/E API certified oils, is a good canidate for AMSOIL oils?
Every engine is different and wears different, that is why Bills one UOA on a toyota is not valid for the rest of the planet unless you live in a bubble
50.gif

I have researched on my own for over 12 years Using AMSOIL oils, spending tens of thousands of dollars on AMSOIL to find that 10,000 miles is pefectly safe to use without a UOA.
What I ask from BILL is to find and print us up the MANUFACTURES Data sheet that would CONDEMN his UOA
28.gif

What a load of [censored].
37.gif

My engine is more "mechanically-sound" than 99% of the engines out there.

Your [censored] is just garbage. Your "liquid dirt" just shows how much koolaid you have drunk.
02.gif

How can you spend tens of thousands of $$ when you only do a oil change a year?

Amsoil is expensive but not that much.

Stop being such a poor salesman. If you spent any time reading peoples posts and looking for data you'll see how clueless you are.
06.gif

Originally Posted By: lazaro
ran with liquid dirt,I/E API certified oils

Amsoil oils are liquid dirt per lazaro folks!
LOL.gif

He knows all. So Amsoil is liquid dirt!

Wow thought he never say that...

What a joke...

Originally Posted By: lazaro

Take care, Bill

shocked2.gif

grin2.gif

I have read this thread carefully and I have to agree with all the posters except for BillinUtah anyone suprised?
crazy2.gif

Why do I disagree with Bill? cause I believe his experience was not done with any long term research and or following oil manufactures recommendations, just immediate results was his goal, so he could dumb down the synthetic oil crowd, as is evident here
35.gif

I have gone round and round with Bill and he is a tree stump on the subject.
First off Amsoil clearly states this
Quote:
All intervals are for "mechanically-sound" equiptment

Quote:
Defined as-Engines that are in good working condition and or do not, forexample, leak or consume excessive amounts of oil, are not worn out, do not overheat, do not leak antifreeze, andhave propely- working emission controlssystems. AMSOIL recommends repairing malfunctioning engines prior to the installation of AMSOIL synthetic motor oils.

With that being the first thing considered before you put in Amsoil oils, I hope anyone who thinks their 5/10 year old car that is out of warranty and has over 100,000 miles ran with liquid dirt,I/E API certified oils, is a good canidate for AMSOIL oils?
Every engine is different and wears different, that is why Bills one UOA on a toyota is not valid for the rest of the planet unless you live in a bubble
50.gif

I have researched on my own for over 12 years Using AMSOIL oils, spending tens of thousands of dollars on AMSOIL to find that 10,000 miles is pefectly safe to use without a UOA.
What I ask from BILL is to find and print us up the MANUFACTURES Data sheet that would CONDEMN his UOA
28.gif

rabbit_pancake.jpg

Dude! If there was EVER a time to be safe..... (end quote)

Look, this thread shouldn't be about oil period. Since it's his mother in laws car the thread should be about fixing her brakes-LOL

Originally Posted By: wannafbody

Dude! If there was EVER a time to be safe..... (end quote)

Look, this thread shouldn't be about oil period. Since it's his mother in laws car the thread should be about "fixing" her brakes-LOL

Fixed your post...
grin2.gif

Good one.
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back