Amsoil 5w-30 once a year or Mobil 1 ESP 5w-30 twice a year?

Which way would you go and why?
Use Amsoil Signature series 5w-30 and change it once a year, or use Mobil1 ESP 5w-30 and change it twice a year.

In a 2008 6.0 Vortec with about 90k.

First, do whatever makes you feel better.
Second, I think the only way to find out is a UOA.
To me personally, I like ESP for its approvals. Also in my Kia (which is not comparable to the Vortec in any ways), I’ve tried both and subjectively, SS was no different from any other oil. But ESP is making the engine start, run and even stop so much smoother. Call it a placebo effect, but I own the car since brand new and change the oil every 3k miles. It’s at 45k right now and it has never ran this good. I’m sticking with the ESP now on

Hands down the ESP, and take a sample of the oil in 6 months to see how it's doing. You might be able to extend the OCI to a year. IMO ESP is the best of the Mobil 1 line up. If you watch prices you can score ESP from NAPA from $4.99-$5.49/qt. a few times a year.

two different oils,if mostly highway once a year with whats ever on sale with the right approvals and grade. i personally prefer twice a year but due to lack of time im going for once a year,7.5k with the ss.

A minimum of 10,000 miles on either oil if the motor runs normal and is in the normal category.

I would run the Mobil 1 ESP for a year myself
Mobil 1 is on rebate a couple times a year in the spring and fall

Assuming this is an actual inquiry for facts rather than an attempt to create another "Mobil 1 vs. Amsoil" thread, Castrol or Mobil 1 0W-40 from Walmart would be an entirely acceptable answer for less money than either of the two mentioned by the OP.

First, do whatever makes you feel better.
Second, I think the only way to find out is a UOA.
To me personally, I like ESP for its approvals. Also in my Kia (which is not comparable to the Vortec in any ways), I’ve tried both and subjectively, SS was no different from any other oil. But ESP is making the engine start, run and even stop so much smoother. Call it a placebo effect, but I own the car since brand new and change the oil every 3k miles. It’s at 45k right now and it has never ran this good. I’m sticking with the ESP now on
Lol, gotta say that's the first time I've ever seen the claim that an engine stops better on a particular oil.

When posters make claims like that it's hard to take anything else seriously.

I think either one would be fine changed once per year.

Not really sure why you're considering the two choices you've presented. Both are intended for longer intervals, and you're not driving enough to exceed the mileage recommendation for those two oils. You're also well out of warranty, so you're free to choose an oil and change interval that suit you.

Lol, gotta say that's the first time I've ever seen the claim that an engine stops better on a particular oil.

When posters make claims like that it's hard to take anything else seriously.
And I do agree with that! That’s why I’ve said call it a placebo effect all you want :) But with any other oil, when I push the “start/stop” button to stop it, the whole car gives quite a shake. I’ve never worried about it, thinking it’s just what it is. Now, after I changed it to ESP the car just shuts off, no more shaking. The difference is huge. Nothing else but oil was changed. So unless it’s a property of this specific model to stop doing so after 45k miles, I do think it has smth to do with oil

I have been running Amsoil SS 5w-30 in my 2011 Tundra 5.7L. I do once a year changes.

Back