Amsoil 5W-30 (25k mile) - how many miles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes i saw the single bypass setup - it uses a bunch of brass fittings and from my experience engine oil always manages to find is way out over the years.

ATF doesn't seem to do this as often tho.

As for the Crown Vic, it uses 5 qt of 5W-30 right now (Chevron Supreme) with only 7400 miles on the engine.

The 5.4 resides in a E-250 and uses 6 qt of 5W-30 (Ford specs 5W-20 but oh well), and I'm using Chevron Supreme, its only got 2200 miles on the engine. I'm waiting until 5000+ before using a synthetic just to let the engine wear in and all. I know modern engines don't need it, but I just feel comfortable letting the rings and stuff seat in using dino oil before switching over. Plus I can figure out if there are any major problems - that way I wouldn't waste expensive synth engine oil.

I'd recommend the Series 3000, 5w-30 ..you should be able to run 15k-20k, with a filter change and topoff halfway through. Wear rates with ASL will be fine, but it won't hold up as well.

Without getting into a bunch of technical details which wouldn't mean much to you anyway, suffice it to say I think the Series 3000 is Amsoils best basestock and additive chemistry.

TooSlick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back