Amsoil 0w-30 in high mileage motor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking of going on a two a year oil change with 0w-30 signature and eao filter. My car has 225k kilometers (140k miles) its an 02 corolla with a five speed. Can I go long changes on this oil and filter in an older car? It only burns about half a liter of oil per oil change interval (approx 4k MILES)

Assuming you top off with synthetic oil, yes IMO

Seems a waste, you could easily use a less $ oil.

How many miles per year?

Last edited:
With that many miles, I would run one short OCI with Amsoil SSO 5K. Then change the oil once a year while monitoring the oil consumption and topping off with fresh oil as needed

Originally Posted By: alphasparky353
I was thinking of going on a two a year oil change with 0w-30 signature and eao filter. My car has 225k kilometers (140k miles) its an 02 corolla with a five speed. Can I go long changes on this oil and filter in an older car? It only burns about half a liter of oil per oil change interval (approx 4k MILES)

The SSO will work fine.

I just dumped a sump of SSO 0w-30 with EaO in my new to me buggy. Thinking of running for 2 years or until the engine gets pulled for a LQ4 408 swap converted to EFI. This is currently a 1981 GMC C2500 with 350 V8 that has a mild RV cam, headers and dual 2.5" X-piped exhaust that I threw on it yesterday.

0044.JPG

Last edited:
Good grief that is an expensive oil to chose. Some reason why you are not going with M1EP or regular M1? Not only does it cost a lot less but M1EP can easily go 15,000 miles or 1 year. I would run a pure one filter that is over sized for that car and call it a day!Even better then M1 EP would be M1 0W40 and an over sized Pure One fileter. Just top off with synthetic and you will be fine!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back