Ammunition Cost Doubles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went into the main gun shop in Burlington Vt last Thursday to see about stocking up on some small pistol primers and a couple boxes of buck shot. The counter guy said he was out of both. As for primers he said they come in by the palet of 30,000. When they come on they are gone by the end of that day. Buckshot just disappears the same way Though there’s plenty of bird shot.
I asked the guy if they were all getting ready for two legged hunting season And he smiled. when asked if the college:cautious: crowd was still camped out across from the police station some other guy piped up. He said there were still some out there banging on their #$&# drum in the middle of the night. Ahhh life on a college town. Me thinks their enthusiasm is going to diminish greatly once winter sets in. Those sorts aren’t much in the outdoors department so that damp freezing wind is going to dampen their enthusiasm in short order. I normally hate winter. This year I expect that it will be welcomed at least by the city dwellers..

I have found that my local gun stores are not being kosher.

A local sporting store sold ALL the ammo it gets the day the truck gets there to their buddies OFF the truck, the ammo never makes it to the shelf.
If you visit local gun shows or online forums selling ammo, thousands and thousands of rounds are for sale at a pretty cool markup.

A lot of people are switching their carry guns to .22. Everyone needs to practice.
Seems a bit crazy. My G44 has a 6 lb trigger and so does my Sig P365. Size is close. .22 will never be as reliable or effective as a 9mm. I could see a .22 wheel gun as a stretch.

Seems a bit crazy. My G44 has a 6 lb trigger and so does my Sig P365. Size is close. .22 will never be as reliable or effective as a 9mm. I could see a .22 wheel gun as a stretch.
you should see the stats on 22 longs,,,if you think they canl hurt you ,watch them on youtube

Went to the link and it says there is 22 ammo everywhere but its not so that link is not accurate

Even .22LR that's $0.46 per round is sold out on that ammo seeker website ... worthless.

Just got 500 rounds of 22lr Águila Super Extra for $32 at a local sporting goods store. Prices are all over the place. Wholesale cost probably isn’t up much but businesses are jacking up prices because they can.

Reactions: Al
Just got 500 rounds of 22lr Águila Super Extra for $32 at a local sporting goods store. Prices are all over the place. Wholesale cost probably isn’t up much but businesses are jacking up prices because they can.
Big haul for you!! We will all be able to read the tea leaves by later last week. There will be little doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back