The Cheapest Internet Ammo Thread... Where To Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Toros
9mm is $10.00/box for 50 rounds of FMJ

Unfortunately you will stop in at walmart many times to see a deal like this. If you shoot a couple hundred rounds a year and make 2 trips a week to Walmart for other reasons you will be ok.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Al
9mm is $10.00/box for 50 rounds of FMJ

Unfortunately you will stop in at walmart many times to see a deal like this. If you shoot a couple hundred rounds a year and make 2 trips a week to Walmart for other reasons you will be ok.

There are dozens of boxes in any Walmart near me any time I go in. It's readily available at that price all the time.

There are dozens of boxes in any Walmart near me any time I go in. It's readily available at that price all the time.

Good for you. I go to walmart all the time and always check for the heck of it. I need a couple boxes for my next pistol class (have a thousand rounds of steel..but can't use it). I have been to walmart 3 times in last two weeks..not available. Glad it works for you.

Watch Palmetto State Armory.

They recently posted the best deal I've ever seen on American Eagle Green Tip 5.56mm (62g w/steel penetrator): $.23/rd. shipped after mail-in rebate.

Unfortunately, but unsurprisingly, it's out of stock already.

If I hadn't bought 1000 rounds of the .223 American Eagle 55g from them recently (I paid $.25/rd), I would have jumped on that deal.

I generally watch gun.deals for the best prices. I buy from SGammo, Sportsmans Guide, Bulkammo, Palmetto, The Armory the most. I'm always looking for the free freight deals. Targetsports is the only place that has really screwed me and I will never buy from them again.

Originally Posted By: c502cid
I generally watch gun.deals for the best prices. I buy from SGammo, Sportsmans Guide, Bulkammo, Palmetto, The Armory the most. I'm always looking for the free freight deals. Targetsports is the only place that has really screwed me and I will never buy from them again.

What did targetsports do to screw you?

Originally Posted By: CleverUserName
Originally Posted By: c502cid

What did targetsports do to screw you?

I would love to know too. I have bought 12,000 rounds in the last 2 years. Never a hint of a problem.

I had been using them for a couple of years, probably had bought 20,000 rounds from them over that time. I called them on an order for me and a couple of friends for 10,000 rounds. They offered me a decent deal. A day after I placed the order, they offer a much lower price online for just 1000 rounds. Apples to apples, same ammo. They would not honor the lower price. I decided to take my lumps. Order came in, only 8600 rounds. I took pictures and everything. They told me they don't make mistakes and I was trying to screw them. Their language got pretty foul too. So, I took my business elsewhere. My friends weren't so impressed with me either after I talked the place up so much.

Last edited:
I bought from either Sportsmandguide, or Cheaperthandirt for the good price and free shipping. It was the best deal I could find.

Originally Posted By: asand1
I bought from either Sportsmandguide, or Cheaperthandirt for the good price and free shipping. It was the best deal I could find.

I will never buy from cheaperthandirt.

Ever.

In 2013, when everything spiked in price, cheaperthandirt jacked up its prices to ridiculous. $80 for a PMAG. $1.25/round for 5.56mm. Other examples about, but cheaperthandirt was taking full advantage of the consumer.

In sharp contrast, Midway USA kept their prices the same as before the crisis, and sold on a "first come, first served" basis at those regular prices. $13 for a PMAG, for example.

So, I've bought thousands of dollars of stuff from Midway: gun parts, hunting gear, clothing, binoculars, knives, tools, and ammo. I remain a big fan of Midway.

But, no matter how cheap cheaperthandirt offers what I am looking for, I don't want my hard-earned $$ going to that company.

Ever.

Last edited:
I have used Ammunition Depot a couple of times and found them to be very obliging and prompt at a reasonable price.

I usually check the price aggregator site gun-deals.com before buying.

I have zero loyalty to any of the various sellers. If I can get the same ammo for $0.01 a round shipped cheaper the cheaper place will get my money.

BSW

Originally Posted By: billt460
Now that I've got my Remington 870 Police Marine Magnum, I'm in the market for some 3" 12 Ga. slug loads.
Cabela's has a good selection. Winchester 15 round value pack for $15.

Now if you meant 3.5", not many.

Originally Posted By: George Bynum
Originally Posted By: billt460
Now that I've got my Remington 870 Police Marine Magnum, I'm in the market for some 3" 12 Ga. slug loads.
Cabela's has a good selection. Winchester 15 round value pack for $15.

I just bought 60 rounds there yesterday.

howdy. I use ammoseek.com They search online sellers and give the best prices of alot of these sellers....
also SG when they have a free shipping is AWSOME.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back