Ammo Costs

Al

I always used to get my Ammo from targetsportsusa.com bc of free shipping. Their prices now suck. Lately I go through ammoseek. Shipping and handling costs are like 50%. Any solutions? I may wind up buying 6K rounds for free shipping.

Free shipping is a red herring. You're paying for the shipping one way or another. Ammoseek is helpful; just make sure you take into account the shipping cost when you compare.

With the shipping cost increase in the last few years it only makes sense to buy online if your buying bulk. I have noticed that the min free shipping amount has gone up from $100 to $300-$500 and even those dealers are 1c-2c/rnd more that others without free shipping.

SGammo.com Ammotogo.com Natchezss.com
9 mm US made ammo for 7.99 a box has gone the way of the $2800. pickup.

I bought 975 rounds of Federal Auto Match 22LR from Outdoor Limited last week, at 6 cents a round. I’m lucky the warehouse is 9 miles from me so I picked it up the next day. Agree, shipping costs are through the roof but $5 plus a gallon diesel fuel will do that.

Last edited:
I really like SGAmmo, I also have used Luckygunner, but sometimes they are very overpriced, sometimes a crazy good deal. BoneFrogGunClub is another one. I got a free membership there, and the membership has legit perks on pricing. I'd say 10% average savings.

I always used to get my Ammo from targetsportsusa.com bc of free shipping. Their prices now suck. Lately I go through ammoseek. Shipping and handling costs are like 50%. Any solutions? I may wind up buying 6K rounds for free shipping.
Shipping and ammo costs are up compared with three years ago, but less than half of what they were last year.

It‘s coming down. If you need it right now, it’s a better time to buy than last year, but I’m waiting before stocking up again.

I bought a lot of ammo 2015-2019. It was dirt cheap.

If only you can visit the Federal factory in Anoka, MN... they have a store inside that sells ammo at a huge discount due to superficial defects. You can smuggle ammo back by checking it with your luggage... I forget the max weight limit imposed by TSA though.

If only you can visit the Federal factory in Anoka, MN... they have a store inside that sells ammo at a huge discount due to superficial defects. You can smuggle ammo back by checking it with your luggage... I forget the max weight limit imposed by TSA though.
U-Haul and road trip!

Can't you just buy it locally just as cheap. Any of the online prices I haven't seen aren't any cheaper than local shops.

Back