Amazon CEO Divorce Finalized

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/bezos-divorce-1.5084640

"Bezos divorce finalized, with Jeff Bezos keeping 75% of Amazon shares and other business interests"

MacKenzie Bezos says her divorce from ex-husband Jeff has been finalized in an agreement that will see him retain 75 per cent of their shares in Amazon, along with complete control of space travel company Blue Origin and influential newspaper the Washington Post.

In a tweet, Bezos said on Thursday that while she will retain one-quarter of the couple's stake in Amazon, the company they founded out of their garage in 1994, she will hand over all of the voting shares to Jeff "to support his continued contributions with the teams of these incredible companies."

The couple split earlier this year after more than 20 years of marriage, in a development that some thought could be one of the most expensive divorces in history, given that her ex-husband is the richest man on earth, worth roughly $150 billion US, according to Bloomberg, on top of her own net worth, which is also believed to be in the tens of billions.

According to regulatory filings, the Bezoses own 78,814,170 shares in Amazon, about 16 per cent of the company and worth just under $143 billion based on Thursday's trading price for the shares.

The deal means MacKenzie Bezos now owns almost 20 million shares or four per cent of the company, worth just under $36 billion.

Bezos says she will also hand over her interests in space travel company Blue Origin, and her ownership stake in the Washington Post.

"Grateful for the past as I look forward to what comes next," she said.

Last edited:
I'm not much into 'celebrity' news or anything but holy carp, that lady made a fortune even at only getting 25%

Originally Posted by Reddy45
They're both bozos.

Say what you will but the guy is possibly the richest man in the world and his company doesn't actually make anything.

Originally Posted by Ifixyawata
Originally Posted by Reddy45
They're both bozos.

Say what you will but the guy is possibly the richest man in the world and his company doesn't actually make anything.

They don't make all of their electronic devices?

I'm not sure I would work if I was that rich... I'd be off "seeing" the world.
lol.gif

Amazon was going to open a NYC facility that would have brought plenty of much needed jobs and tax revenues to the city....but thanks to a dumb 29 year old freshman Congresswoman...they changed their mind....

Originally Posted by pbm
Amazon was going to open a NYC facility that would have brought plenty of much needed jobs and tax revenues to the city....but thanks to a dumb 29 year old freshman Congresswoman...they changed their mind....

They are also moving their world headquarters out of Seattle due to the same bs. The city just to the east is happy to have them.

Originally Posted by pbm

It was a bunch of cow poop to begin with. After the game show style bargaining they decide to split the new head quarter in half....

Yeah, cutting the prize in half means others want out.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by PandaBear
Originally Posted by pbm

It was a bunch of cow poop to begin with. After the game show style bargaining they decide to split the new head quarter in half....

Yeah, cutting the prize in half means others want out.

The young woman with the 'economics' degree from Boston U obviously knows very little about economics....dumb as a tree stump....and a big mouth to boot....

Oh, oh, this is very important news. Now we desperately need to know what the Kardashians are wearing this week...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back