Almost too good to pass up (Dodge 2.7L)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd agree with that. A full sized GM car of that vintage, or even a CV or MGM of that vintage would be a better car than the Intrepid with a 2.7. I'm not saying that as a knock of Chrysler products, but the 2.7 issues are legendary. It might be worth a shot if it had the 3.2 in it.

258,000? It still has a good 50,000 miles in it...Except you should pay about 800 bucks for it.

A 1500 dollar running car, at least in Seattle area, would be worse than anything I looked at on that site...So you shouldn't use me as the litmus.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Tdbo
Originally Posted By: FutureDoc
Originally Posted By: renegade_987
1999 Intrepid $1500

The Buicks in the background are the better car if you want a larger 4 door sedan

Not much better(the LeSabre.) It has 258,584 miles on it.

Honestly...for a grand, I'd be all over it if I wanted a sedan.

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
All the vehicles on that site have spaceship mileage on them, a vehicle that has driven to the moon is never worth buying. Unless your talking OTR trucks.

I would have no trouble with 200+K on a diesel pickup. Heck...I called on a Cummins Ram with 305K, and the guy sold it within 12 hours of posting a CL ad!

People are insane.

I'd buy it in a second...I was calling for that reason! It was a beautiful truck...HO Cummins, 6-speed, Quad cab with SLT trim, sprayed bedliner, 15,000lb reciever, Prodigy brake controller, and what I suspect is a rare one: buckets & console. Honestly...had I swapped the dash for one from a truck with 125K, nobody would doubt it!

It has fewer miles than my first F-350 (bought with 298K, sold with 366K). It has 200,000 fewer miles than the van my friend's father drives: a diesel 12-passenger 1996 E-350. Yes, he DOES have 500K on his van...it turned 450K enroute to the Land Between The Lakes with a 7500lb Airstream Argosey on the hitch, two canoes on the roof, carrying four people and a load of camping gear.

Last winter, the van got an extensive re-do...should be good for another 250K easily.

Originally Posted By: renegade_987
1999 Intrepid $1500

That's a junkyard that happens to sell a few used vehicles on the side.

Assuming you really know what to look for, there may be a couple fair deals. But, given the nature of the questions you're asking, I'm assuming you don't have the mechanical knowledge to make a decent assessment. In that case, I'd recommend you steer clear.

No. I had one. it was not fast in fact a Toyota minivan will leave you at the lights.
I might be interested at $500....... then again no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back