Allstate insurance. Are they ok?

Every insurance company is great at collecting premium

But they all suck at paying out claims !!!!!!

Ride a company for about 3 years and change

New customers get the lowest rates

Originally Posted by WhyMe
i have been with the same car insurer for 30 years . when i bought my new car are they raise my rates $600 . i got a quote from Allstate with the same coverage and it was $ 350 less per year.

So how is Allstate to deal with ? your opinions please

That is a teaser and your rates will go up drastically after a year. That's why it is recommended to shop yearly and don't be loyal to your insurance company.
From what I have read, Amica is the best in regards to premiums and service.

Originally Posted by mjk
I'm with Liberty Mutual, will be leaving them as soon as policy is over.

Possibly the worst customer service I've experienced.

AND their commercials.

Service is fine from them, although it's been 20yrs since I've filed a claim. Costs vary so much based on area, person and vehicle, that what I'm paying is not going to be what you pay, even for the same vehicle and coverage.

I had Allstate for 20yrs and then shopped around because of cost increase. I then bounced around from Liberty Mutual to several subsidiaries of through a broker I was working with for a number of years. Now I've been back with Allstate for about 5yrs. I pay $192/mo for full coverage on the 3 vehicles in my sig with what I would call mid grade coverage.

Any time you switch, the quote is a "teaser" rate IMO. You take advantage of it until the costs ramp up to an unacceptable rate, then go with the next teaser.

Last edited:
After moving to PA, we went with Allstate for 25 years. On a whim, I contacted USAA, and immediately signed on with them for 40% LESS. They, and AMICA, are consistently ranked tops by Consumer Reports. Been with them for 7 years, with no creeping increases.

In 15 years I've changed 3 times. Each time there's been a large increase (near 100%) and I instantly shop online and switch. My motto: go with the cheapest brand you've heard of. I've found about 3-5 years in they all of the sudden almost double rates. Maybe I'm just unlucky.

Originally Posted by lenjack
After moving to PA, we went with Allstate for 25 years. On a whim, I contacted USAA, and immediately signed on with them for 40% LESS. They, and AMICA, are consistently ranked tops by Consumer Reports. Been with them for 7 years, with no creeping increases.

Yeah, if you haven't shopped around in 5 years you're most likely getting hosed. In one 6 month set mine almost doubled a few years ago and I immediately went online and switched to a rate less than what the previous was. So about 50% what their new premium was. Most of my family hasn't switched in a decade or more and hearing their rates I just laugh. They could do SO MUCH BETTER, most likely.

Been with State Farm for the last 50 yrs, family has been with them forever, have my house and all our vehicles along with my daughters 2 cars insured by them. local agent has been great to work with, all my claims have been settled quickly.
thumbsup2.gif

Side note, thanks everybody for reminding me to relook at my insurance. I'll be switching back to Geico from Progressive and saving another $60/month.

Back