Free Roadside Assistance from Allstate

I was watching TV the other night and saw an Allstate commercial which said that, whether you're an Allstate customer or not, you can get a free lifetime membership to their "Good Hands Roadside Assistance" program. The small print said that you pay only when services are provided. The phone number to call was 888-ALLSTATE. Has anyone looked into this or know anything about it? I pay $15/year for roadside assistance along with my auto insurance. It covers up to $150 per occurrence. But in all the years I've paid for it, I've only used it once when I ran out of gas, and I still had to pay for the couple gallons of gas.

Originally Posted By: barlowc
I was watching TV the other night and saw an Allstate commercial which said that, whether you're an Allstate customer or not, you can get a free lifetime membership to their "Good Hands Roadside Assistance" program. The small print said that you pay only when services are provided. The phone number to call was 888-ALLSTATE. Has anyone looked into this or know anything about it? I pay $15/year for roadside assistance along with my auto insurance. It covers up to $150 per occurrence. But in all the years I've paid for it, I've only used it once when I ran out of gas, and I still had to pay for the couple gallons of gas.
I think "pay only when services provided" starts at 50 bucks and goes up. So it might be worth it if you really don't use it. John

Yeah I saw that too and looked it up http://www.allstate.com/auto-roadside-services.aspx I suppose its convenient to some to have one number to call anywhere if you have a problem. To me it sounds like a marketing plan to get fresh leads out to Allstate agents so they can try to sell you insurance. Essentially as a part of their free program you are a customer and no longer on a do not call list. They also get a cut off every service you pay for I suppose.

Last edited: