All window and aisle seats taken on my flight

They have taken a few hits to their reputation this year.

For sure. They had a rough go. At some point just about every carrier has had some kind of meltdown, so I tend to forgive if they get it fixed.

Normally they are pretty good.

Policy wise They dont nickel and dime me to death and offer a wide range of connections.
I cant get an allegiant flight from Sac to LAX/ Burbank.

I can bring a carry on on board ,and I get two checked bags for no extra fee and I get a drink and I thinkk peanuts still.

I like the fact they are an all 737 airline.
This gives them an edge in parts, training and I like that they support the home team manufacturer Boeing exclusively.

Flying CLT to JAX in a few days and noticed all of the window and aisle seats are taken.

I think this is kind of weird to have a large group of travelers who insist on window or aisle seats only, maybe a sports team?

Could there be any other reason?

Edit: Originally when I booked, ALL of the middle seats were left open. The flight filled up now but before it was solid blue and green middle seats open the entire flight down.

View attachment 182832
Not weird at all. I hate middle seats. So do most people.

Flights are full these days.

I can bring a carry on on board ,and I get two checked bags for no extra fee and I get a drink and I thinkk peanuts still.

No to peanuts. I don't think they've served peanuts for years.

We don’t serve peanuts on our flights. Instead, depending on flight length, we offer pretzels and a few other complimentary snacks. However, many of the snacks we serve may be packaged in the same facility as peanuts, so we can’t guarantee that they don’t contain peanut particles or oil. We also can’t prevent others from bringing peanuts or peanut products onboard and can’t guarantee that peanut remnants won’t be on the plane floor, seats, or tray tables.​

One of their suppliers sells their mix, although I'm not sure about these prices. And with a name like "King Nut" I'd think that's a hint that they can't guarantee zero nut particles in their products.

Swa25.jpg

When I book a flight with wifey, we select seats early and always a window and an aisle. You might get lucky and end up without a middle seater. If not, she can just move over and sit next to me.
On something like an A330 or A340, the outermost seats are in pairs, which works nicely for a couple and was one of the reasons I selected a Lufthansa A340 for a recent segment IAD-FRA.
There are also the regional aircraft, which are never worse than four abreast as well as the few remaining DC-9 descendants (717) and the A220 which at least have two seats on one side with three on the other.
Often as not, on a six abreast single aisle or the middle seats on a widebody, the flight will be close to full so the middle seats will have someone in them.
PS, our last Southwest experience was last January and was nothing like as good as we've found the airline in the past. Dirty aircraft and surely gate agents and FAs. Not cheap either. Might as well fly Frontier with the works package and save considerable coin.

Last edited:
I’ll add one more to the loathe the middle seat column. I always go aisle followed by window seat. Middle seat as last resort.

SW is the best of the cheap/budget carriers.
Based on the last 3-4 years of searching I’ve rarely found SW to be less than Delta, American or United. I barely even bother to search them anymore. That’s for flights out of Louisville or Cincinnati.

I also will go to great lengths to avoid the middle seat. When my wife and I fly together we try to get two aisle seats across from each other.

Based on the last 3-4 years of searching I’ve rarely found SW to be less than Delta, American or United. I barely even bother to search them anymore. That’s for flights out of Louisville or Cincinnati.

Unsurprisingly I found the further East one goes the less competitive Southwest is.

I also will go to great lengths to avoid the middle seat. When my wife and I fly together we try to get two aisle seats across from each other.
I fly out of Louisville also and I agree with your comments.. I usually fly with American and have never had a issue.. I did fly with Alegiant for a awhile when my daughter was in Fort Walton Beach FL.. Allegiant has a non stop flight to Destin and back...

In 2019 we flew back to Cincy from a train trip to San Francisco for $130 on SW, so maybe direction matters too? They were by far the cheapest option then.
In 2019 it was easy to find cheap fares at convenient times.
That all changed in early March 2020 and by 2021 you couldn't find anything cheap or convenient.

Back