All window and aisle seats taken on my flight

Owen Lucas

$100 Site Donor 2023
Flying CLT to JAX in a few days and noticed all of the window and aisle seats are taken.

I think this is kind of weird to have a large group of travelers who insist on window or aisle seats only, maybe a sports team?

Could there be any other reason?

Edit: Originally when I booked, ALL of the middle seats were left open. The flight filled up now but before it was solid blue and green middle seats open the entire flight down.

Seating.JPG

Exactly. The only exception I can think of are when couples pick them so they can sit together. Otherwise, no one wants middles.
I don't fly that often but the flights I've taken this year did not have this pattern. I should have screenshotted it before but ALL the middle seats were open on this flight except 2 or 3 rows when I booked 2 weeks ago. Just a weird pattern.

Thats like a 35 minute flight, could be worse. Recently went Charlotte to London, 4 hour layover, then London to Dubai.

Stuck in middle.......and one guy next to me had some serious BO.......so.......yeah.

Over on the Reddit SOUTHWEST AIRLINES thread there is a very entertaing read that discusses what great lengths people will go through to save window or aisle seats.

I don't know why anybody would fly that airline....

Last edited:
Flying CLT to JAX in a few days and noticed all of the window and aisle seats are taken.

I think this is kind of weird to have a large group of travelers who insist on window or aisle seats only, maybe a sports team?

Could there be any other reason?

Edit: Originally when I booked, ALL of the middle seats were left open. The flight filled up now but before it was solid blue and green middle seats open the entire flight down.

View attachment 182832
Thats how this works.
The guys that pick early avoid the middle seat like the plague.

Over on the Reddit SOUTHWEST AIRLINES thread there is a very entertaing read that discusses what great lengths people will go through to save window or asile seats.

SW is the best of the cheap/budget carriers.

I always pick a window seat on all of my flights...
I'll go one further, I always pick a window on the left side. Feels weird to sit at the window on the right to me 😆

Over on the Reddit SOUTHWEST AIRLINES thread there is a very entertaing read that discusses what great lengths people will go through to save window or asile seats.

I flew them almost exclusively for 11 years for work, I prefer their methods.

I have had better luck with Allegiant.....Plus if you are a veteran they have great perks

Dont know much about them, but I'll check them out next time I arrange a short hop.

Reactions: hrv

Southwest is way better than Allegiant or Spirit IMHO. Allegiant has a direct flight from a local airport near me and it's the most convenient way to go but I am always afraid of seeing MMA situation on the flight.

Dealing with their customer service is a PITA, long hold times, phone reps that actively don't care and are rude.

Southwest is way better than Allegiant or Spirit IMHO. Allegiant has a direct flight from a local airport near me and it's the most convenient way to go but I am always afraid of seeing MMA situation on the flight.

Dealing with their customer service is a PITA, long hold times, phone reps that actively don't care and are rude.
I have not had any issues with Allegiant....now for Southwest a few MMA situations along with cancelled flight...

Back