All-New 2020 Ford Escape

Status
Not open for further replies.
All-New 2020 Ford Escape

http://2020escape.ford.com/Y2019/default.aspx

Four Powertrains:
• "The new 2.0-liter EcoBoost engine, available on Titanium, is projected to produce 250 horsepower and 275 lb.-ft. of torque using 93 octane fuel, while turning in a 0-60 mph time up to 10 percent faster than the outgoing Escape 2.0-liter. When properly configured, it is rated to tow 3,500 pounds." 8-speed Auto

• "1.5-liter EcoBoost, standard on S, SE and SEL, is projected to produce 180 horsepower and 177 lb.-ft. of torque using 93 octane fuel. When properly configured, it is rated to tow 2,000 pounds." 8-speed Auto

• "SE Sport and Titanium models come standard with Ford's innovative fourth-generation hybrid propulsion system, which includes an all-new 2.5-liter Atkinson cycle hybrid engine and electronic continuously variable transmission. The front-wheel-drive hybrid model is projected to produce a combined system horsepower of 198, and a top speed of 85 mph in electric-only mode.

"The plug-in hybrid variant, available on every trim level except S and SE Sport, projects a best-in-class EPA-estimated range of at least 30 miles in electric-only mode. Escape Plug-In Hybrid has a Level 1 / Level 2 AC charging port. Using a 110-volt Level 1 charge, the estimated time to fully charge the battery is 10 to 11 hours. Using a 240-volt Level 2 charge, charge time drops to roughly 3.5 hours."

Other Notes
• >200 lbs lighter

Completely redesigned new 2020 Escape best offers four new propulsion choices - including two all-new hybrids; standard hybrid targets best-in-class EPA-estimated range of more than 550 miles*; plug-in hybrid targets a best-in-class EPA-estimated pure-electric range of 30+ miles

With unrivaled flexibility, all-new Escape introduces new sliding second-row seats that enable best-in-class second-row legroom and as much as 37.5 cubic feet of cargo space

Ford's smartest-ever small SUV features new selectable drive modes and Ford Co-Pilot360â„¢ driver-assist technology; available features include a 12.3-inch all-digital instrument cluster, a first-for-Ford in North America heads-up display and first-in-class driver-assist features Active Park Assist 2.0 and Evasive Steering Assist

90A6967 base C2.jpg

6 Ford Explorer Platinum.jpg

3 Ford Explorer Limited.jpg

The 2020 Explorer Family.jpg

376_ad.jpg

V9I0324.jpg

That's a much nicer design than the outgoing model which I think looks terrible especially on the back-end.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Reddy45
Looks like a Mazda

That was my first thought, as I've been looking at CX-5's. But, I like the looks of the Escape maybe a little better.

Looks like a Mazda

I was thinking the same thing. A Mazda CX with a Kia front.

Really original. 🙄

Originally Posted by Rumble
Looks like a Mazda

That was my first thought, as I've been looking at CX-5's. But, I like the looks of the Escape maybe a little better.

What I read has far from made me wish I hadn't bought my CX5. CX5 is faster, more torque, has plenty of amenities and is a Mazda/JDM. Also, probably paid a lot less than a comparable Escape.

Last edited:
Looks rather bland from the front, but not bad otherwise.

Not a fan of manufacturer trend of using white lamps/reflectors in the back of the car.

Originally Posted by E365
I think these real-world photos look much better.

Looks like a Kia from the front, CX-5 from the side and Land Rover-ish from the back.

Originally Posted by Ws6
Originally Posted by Rumble
Looks like a Mazda

What I read has far from made me wish I hadn't bought my CX5. CX5 is faster, more torque, has plenty of amenities and is a Mazda/JDM. Also, probably paid a lot less than a comparable Escape.

Yeah, the Mazda has a lot of things going for it. It's probably more in my price range, with plenty of recent used examples to choose from.

Think it's a big improvement, but then I miss the discontinuation of the Focus and this gives Focus hatch people a place to go. Certainly no commonality between the three generations of this CUV.

I'm not a fan of Ford but I do wish they would use some original thinking and design in their vehicles rather than copy machine designs from others and mish-mash them together.

The newer Explorers look like Land Rovers up front as another example.

Probably the reason why Ford decided not to offer the new "Focus Active" here in the U.S., since this Escape is close.

The Hybrid powertrain looks very similar to the current Ford Fusion and the '13-'18 C-Max, just 10 more hp now, and the +0.5 liters displacement added accounts for that. The current Fusion-CMax hybrid powertrain has a lot of miles of experience on it, so its good to see they are going with the old design's durability over trying something newer like what the Honda Accord Hybrid does these days.

NYC taxi fleets will love the new Escape Hybrid. You can still see the old Escape Hybrid running around the streets there, not produced for 7 years now, very durable, same basic 2-motor planetary gearset arrangement.

The Focus Active is the white one below:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Since they're doing an Edge and Explorer ST, I hope we see an Escape ST. 2.3 EcoBoost and 300+ HP 🤞ðŸ»

Originally Posted by rshaw125
Very bland and ordinary looking. The ecoboost engines do need 93 octane to perform.

Yes, for optimal performance 93 is the way to go. 87 will work just fine though, which is fine for most people.

Originally Posted by jcartwright99
Originally Posted by rshaw125
Very bland and ordinary looking. The ecoboost engines do need 93 octane to perform.

Yes, for optimal performance 93 is the way to go. 87 will work just fine though, which is fine for most people.

Our 2016 2.0 lugs with 87 octane. Especially in hot weather. 93 octane and it drives really nice. In S mode even better.

My 1.0 EcoBoost works beautifully on 87. I'm glad to see they're putting a 3-cylinder in this new Escape. Excellent engines!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back