Ford Mustang Inspired Electric SUV (375mi range)

ford-mustang-mach-e-epa-ratings-revealed-decent-overall-figures-poor-economy_1.jpg

Its a shame nobody can catch Tesla in efficiency. At 37 KW/h its just not worth it. Driving 1000 miles Mach-E AWD at 11 cents a KWH is like $40. Driving my Golf Alltrack at a combined estimate of 26 MPG is only $87 at todays gas price. Its like $12 a week of savings, not worth the hassle of plugging in and having worse hvac. And my car isn't even that efficient compared to a modern hybrid. You could do 1k miles in a Rav 4 Hybrid for about $50. I'm hoping to keep my gassers alive for decades, not an easy feat with any EV.

Im looking at performance and range myself. These things pull like big blocks. Hybrids and econo penalty boxes don't.

In terms of cost to run - it could run cheaper, it could be more - I don't really care.
I'll pay more for convenience of starting every day with a full tank and no fuel specific trips.

We also have an ever increasing amount of time from power outages. You cant get gasoline within 100 miles of me when the juice is out.

I can charge off my house generator if I need to.

UD

Its a shame nobody can catch Tesla in efficiency. At 37 KW/h its just not worth it. Driving 1000 miles Mach-E AWD at 11 cents a KWH is like $40. Driving my Golf Alltrack at a combined estimate of 26 MPG is only $87 at todays gas price. Its like $12 a week of savings, not worth the hassle of plugging in and having worse hvac. And my car isn't even that efficient compared to a modern hybrid. You could do 1k miles in a Rav 4 Hybrid for about $50. I'm hoping to keep my gassers alive for decades, not an easy feat with any EV.
This is why I am staying ICE for a good while. If I slide off an icy hillside and am stranded until morning, I want to at least have a heater through the night if the vehicle is in operable condition. Or if I am commuting and get stuck between hills because of worsening conditions and just have to park it, for that matter.

Back