AK-47 kits

Status
Not open for further replies.
rom_012.jpg

rom_013.jpg

I've built several from kits. Here is a reciever I bent that went on to be a rifle, sorry no pics of completed piece.
yu_002.jpg

This is one I assmeble from a Yugoslavian kit. At the time of the picture I was waiting on US complicance parts. Thats why there you don't see a trigger.

There is a built it yourself forum here loaded with information if your intrested in doing one youself.

when i was in Iraq, i did some training with the Iraqi Army.
ALL of them had knockoff AK-47's except for the interpreter from the US.
he had an original Russian AK...that thing was much more accurate and was one #@$%! of a fun weapon to shoot all day, believe it or not.

I didn't know you were in the service over in the big sand box. Thank you for your service in helping to keep this counrty safe.
patriot.gif

We ran into those AK47's in Vietnam and they were the right tool for the intended job. They were as reliable as a brick and don't believe that they are not accurate enough to handle the task at hand. They are easy to clean and maintain and easy to shoot. When the safety is on the breach is protected from gunk. This guy Mikhail knew his business when he developed this gun. You can train someone to field strip this gun and clean it in 5 minutes and he won't screw it up. Try that with the M-16. The very comments that people make to point out what a pos the AK47 is are probably the exact things that make it such a deadly weapon.

Quote:

I didn't know you were in the service over in the big sand box. Thank you for your service in helping to keep this counrty safe.
patriot.gif

YEP, was there with a Marine Corps infantry Battalion (I'm a Senior Chief Hospital Corpsman - Navy)...and thank you all for your support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back