AK-47 kits

Status
Not open for further replies.
My brother the firearms dealer has a few 47s and 74s and an M4 and M16. The M4 isn't too bad but the 16 is the biggest pile of scrap of a weapon I have ever seen. Jams constantly even when sparkling clean. The AKs and FN Fals; you could drop them off the Sears Tower, run them through a car wash etc. etc. etc. click bang, every time. The Kalashnikov has got to be best assault rifle ever designed.

You know it Mark! 7.62 x 51 (.308) in a full auto = POWER! Shooting one compared to an M16............there is no comparison. If you're not ready and don't lean into it good, you're on your butt! And when you do lean in and stop pulling the trigger, you're on your face! They for sure weigh a ton but if things ever got to anarchy/state of nature (theoretically speaking of course!), I don't think I'd have any other weapon.

Actually, with a little practice and first hand feel for the weapon, it's really not bad. Pretty darn accurate actually. If you grabbed one in a pinch and tried defending yourself and had never fired one, you'd end up on your asss with an empty magazine in about 5 seconds and bullets going to 20,000 feet!

Quote:

Quote:

The AK47 is a piece of junk, especially the models made by the numerous knock off companies in numerous second and third world countries. Anyone who's ever bought one and shot it at over 100 yards, or shot a friend's at that range, knows that. Peoples' fascination with this second grade assault military rifle never ceases to amaze me.

This is one of the most ignorant statements I've read on BITOG about guns. I'm ashamed that it came from a fellow Montanan.

I Hate to Flame any One ! But This Statement Is About as @####&^%$# Any ways You Get What i Mean , That Weapon Saved My Life When My M16 Failed And Hung Up Like a Show Dog ! I Would Not Be Here if it Where Not For a Great AK 47 , I Still Like and Shoot The M16 & AR15 But The AK Will Shoot When The rest of Them are being Repaired , I Have Many AK47 In My Safe , I Will Always have a spot for them ! I Guess The Statement Made about The AK Must Have been Made From a Very Young Kid ! (I hope)

Regards,
Col.
usa2.gif

Quote:

The AK47 is a piece of junk, especially the models made by the numerous knock off companies in numerous second and third world countries. Anyone who's ever bought one and shot it at over 100 yards, or shot a friend's at that range, knows that. Peoples' fascination with this second grade assault military rifle never ceases to amaze me.

I've shot my civvie AK lookalike (non-automatic, like all civvie AK's) at 200 yards. Best accuracy so far is about 2.5 MOA. The accuracy isn't stellar, but isn't that bad. The biggest problem is that it's hard to find good ammunition (Wolf's selling point is that it is cheap, not that it is consistent or accurate; Silver Bear/Brown Bear are reportedly better), and the rifle isn't easy to shoot well due to the short sight radius (the rear sight is near the front of the receiver, to allow for easier maintenance via a removable receiver top cover).

Civvie AK lookalikes ARE (1) extremely reliable, (2) very cool looking, (3) versatile, and (4) a lot cheaper than a Ruger Mini Thirty, which would be the U.S.-made rifle most similar to a civilian AK.

Quote:

Are you saying that the kit is for a fully automatic gun? Or are some parts, such as the receiver, missing from the kit.

I believe it has to be pre ban to be full auto period as well, unless you have a federal manufacturers license (if your attempting to build one or modify a semi auto). Certain firearms dealers can own full autos as well. I have a pre-ban FN FAL. SWEET!!!

Full autos are controlled under the National Firearms Act of 1934 (possession without a BATFE Form 4 is a 10-year felony). Any full auto manufactured after 1986 is NOT civilian transferable, as the NFA registry was closed in 1986. A full-auto, civilian-transferable AK will set you back about $15,000.

The imported parts kits can only be legally used to build a non-automatic, civilian rifle. You'll have to use a new civilian receiver, and you have to abide by the 18 USC 922(r) parts count rule in order to avoid accidentally assembling an unimportable imported rifle (a felony).

The AK is what it is. The 74's are more accurate than the 47's . The 5.56 x45 AK's are more accurate than the 74's. IMO . I own them all . The AK is the most reliable rifle/carbine I personally even own/ fired. They can break and have jams like any other rifle system. But per 1000 rounds down range it should have less stoppages than any other rifle system.Thats if it had any at all. I still preferr the M16 overall for my personall choice. But never discredit the AK. WarDawg

Quote:

You aren't likely to be shooting at anyone 1000 yards away. At least that's not what AK's are designed to do.

LOL... I hope not
ooo.gif
. I think you saw my post wrong. I was saying 1000 rounds fired down range.. Any distance.... The AK 99.9 % of the time will have fewer stoppages if any stoppages at all.
cheers.gif
WD

Quote:

Quote:

This is one of the most ignorant statements I've read on BITOG about guns. I'm ashamed that it came from a fellow Montanan.

I could not agree more with chevrofreak. I have fired my
brothers Romainian AK (WASR 10 I think) and the feeling of
the weapon is just solid. Is it match grade accurate? No,
it does not need to be. It is accurate and powerfull enough
for it's intended job as a battlefield rifle. The AK-47
weapon system has, does, and will continue to do the job
for good guys and bad guys alike, it is what it is a cheap,
reliable, powerfull weapon. People will continue to knock
it as they do my prefered weapon of choice, the revolver
(S&W 66-2) but what you must do is consider the advantages
and drawbacks to your weapon system and employ it properly.

rugerman.gif

BTW chevrofreak you know my brother, blinocac200sx on IRC.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I could not agree more with chevrofreak. I have fired my
brothers Romainian AK (WASR 10 I think) and the feeling of
the weapon is just solid. Is it match grade accurate? No,
it does not need to be. It is accurate and powerfull enough
for it's intended job as a battlefield rifle. The AK-47
weapon system has, does, and will continue to do the job
for good guys and bad guys alike, it is what it is a cheap,
reliable, powerfull weapon. People will continue to knock
it as they do my prefered weapon of choice, the revolver
(S&W 66-2) but what you must do is consider the advantages
and drawbacks to your weapon system and employ it properly.

rugerman.gif

BTW chevrofreak you know my brother, blinocac200sx on IRC.

Ah yes, he's mentioned you several times. I believe I was somewhat influential in his purchase of the AK47
grin.gif

Here is my polish underfolder. This one is on an Armory reciever. Like any kits there is a wide range on quality. This one is top notch. Sorry for not having a better pic....been taking insurance photos and recording serial numbers.

p1010018tx4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back