Aircraft Collision at Haneda

Not great to hear. LOL. That is the airport I fly out of every time. Including Jan 29th this month. Is it organization or just the size?
And yes, the 401 sucks, the stretch that goes through Toronto anyway.
To be fair, I don’t know why passengers don’t like it but pilots feel it’s not run efficiently ( ATC ). Too many delays, etc.

I am not based in Toronto.

To be fair, I don’t know why passengers don’t like it but pilots feel it’s not run efficiently ( ATC ). Too many delays, etc.

I am not based in Toronto.
I don't have any other large airports to compare it to because it's the only one I know. It's large, busy and confusing for me. Once I've made it to the airplane I can breathe a sigh of relief. When we get to Cuba, or Dominican their little tiny airport is much less intimidating and takes a lot less time to get through.
As long as ATC allows our flight to get safely in the air I can deal with some delay.
Have you flown out of Toronto?

I don't have any other large airports to compare it to because it's the only one I know. It's large, busy and confusing for me. Once I've made it to the airplane I can breathe a sigh of relief. When we get to Cuba, or Dominican their little tiny airport is much less intimidating and takes a lot less time to get through.
As long as ATC allows our flight to get safely in the air I can deal with some delay.
Have you flown out of Toronto?
No, I do not operate out of YYZ very much. Maybe once a year.
ATC is very safe, do not worry about that part.

But AF culture had something to do with that, and other, incidents/accidents. They have had too many problems. It’s been written about by safety experts ( complacent ).

Letting an FO take the AP off, and disconnect the auto thrust in extreme weather they were facing was complacent. IIRC, the aircraft became slightly high as it approached the runway threshold.

AP on to minimums ( Airbus says 80 feet on Cat 1 ILS which is what they had ) , and keep the auto thrust on ( GS mini deals with wild winds ). Not a time to be hand flying and using manual thrust.

That decision ( I doubt the FO even briefed he would do that and no Captain should allow that given the weather, and go around possibility ) to take the AP and auto thrust should have been briefed ( when will disconnect AP and use of automation ) and discouraged if brought up.

Not to sound critical but that’s being complacent.
We misunderstood each other again. Friend here pointed about evacuation because Japanese as culture are this way or that way. In the end it turned out that it didn’t work that way.
Both accidents are good example that culture in general cannot be painted with same wide brush.

What you talking about is organizational culture that is unique to unit, entity, etc. I 100% agree there with you. Pilots could do so many things differently. Staff and passengers actually did things properly, more or less.

IMG_3392.jpeg
IMG_3400.jpeg
IMG_3419.jpeg
IMG_3421.jpeg
Excellent bird. I flew it for the first time two months ago DEN-MUC.
A350-1000 … DFW to DOH

Yeah it is quite. It has been some time since I flew 787 so cannot really compare it. I still like 777 I think better, mostly bcs. that raw power of GE90 😂
Caught a 787 before the 350 this time … you could certainly tell the 350 is positioned to compete with both … no complaints with any of the 3 … and the biggest 777 remaining a bucket list item 😉

Back